R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-09-2010, 05:49 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Your clock will start once you cross the line to begin your qualifying after the tone. Your clock will usually be force started too if the first guy to cross the line after the tone makes it all the way around to complete his first lap before you cross the line to start.
I usually wait in the back part of the track or just a little bit behind the line and let everyone else go ahead and bunch up. I'll wait there until the first car is 1-2 turns from the start/finish line, and then I go. This usually gives you a cleaner track for a bit until you catch the other guys, or the first guys catch you. It also gives you almost an extra lap after the other guys have finished with a clean track. You get your 5 minutes and depending how fast you are, you might even get to squeeze out an extra 2 laps after some of the other guys have finished.

Stephen
Old 11-10-2010, 02:29 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)
Send a message via MSN to tkhoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobad4u View Post
Your clock will start once you cross the line to begin your qualifying after the tone. Your clock will usually be force started too if the first guy to cross the line after the tone makes it all the way around to complete his first lap before you cross the line to start.
I usually wait in the back part of the track or just a little bit behind the line and let everyone else go ahead and bunch up. I'll wait there until the first car is 1-2 turns from the start/finish line, and then I go. This usually gives you a cleaner track for a bit until you catch the other guys, or the first guys catch you. It also gives you almost an extra lap after the other guys have finished with a clean track. You get your 5 minutes and depending how fast you are, you might even get to squeeze out an extra 2 laps after some of the other guys have finished.

Stephen
Hi, you mean you let the 1st car finish 1st round or 2 then you only start go for the 1st round? Can I do it like that If yes, mean near end of my 5min just only 1 car (which is my car) run on the track... Thanks.
tkhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:35 AM   #18
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkhoo View Post
Hi, you mean you let the 1st car finish 1st round or 2 then you only start go for the 1st round? Can I do it like that If yes, mean near end of my 5min just only 1 car (which is my car) run on the track... Thanks.
No you can not.
As explained before, you generally (it dipends on local track/race rules o timing system installed in race control) have to start your 5 mins of qualy (your first lap) before the first car to pass the trasponder line has completed one lap. Otherwise your 5 mins will be "forced" to start even if you haven't passed the line.
Example with my local track rules: Once I flamed just after refueling just before the start of the race. I had one minute from start of the race to pass the line with my car for the firts time. It endend out that I had to cut the track to pass within the first minute, hoping race control not to catch me: it did ===> penalty....
Hope I've been clear
mcsuperfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:17 AM   #19
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsuperfreak View Post
No you can not.
As explained before, you generally (it dipends on local track/race rules o timing system installed in race control) have to start your 5 mins of qualy (your first lap) before the first car to pass the trasponder line has completed one lap. Otherwise your 5 mins will be "forced" to start even if you haven't passed the line.
Example with my local track rules: Once I flamed just after refueling just before the start of the race. I had one minute from start of the race to pass the line with my car for the firts time. It endend out that I had to cut the track to pass within the first minute, hoping race control not to catch me: it did ===> penalty....
Hope I've been clear
This is right.......you must cross the loop before the car that crossed the loop first finishes their first lap...........
BAUSTIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:18 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jbright33

id also ask if your doing rocket round or qualy points. rocket round goes bye each persons fastest round. qualy points go by a average of all 3 rounds. most places go bye rocket round anymore but some still do qualy points.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:34 AM   #21
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbright33 View Post
id also ask if your doing rocket round or qualy points. rocket round goes bye each persons fastest round. qualy points go by a average of all 3 rounds. most places go bye rocket round anymore but some still do qualy points.
As far as I know the best lap is countless in any race you'll attend.
Overall qualify, instead, is credited by "championship" points depending on how the track (or the tournament) you're attending has ruled it out.
In some championship races i did, qualify gives you the same points than race does, meaning that if you TQ and then come 3rd in the main, get same points of me starting 3rd and winning the main... Difference is that you won't get the trophy.... Then again, some race organizers give a medal also to Poleman.
mcsuperfreak is offline   Reply With Quote