R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-05-2010, 03:44 PM   #1
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Whitehouse,Texas
Posts: 33
Default LX 1 upgrades?

what should i get after i start racing more?
Cdj1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:56 PM   #2
Tech Elite
 
rider313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MN
Posts: 4,434
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default

save your pennys and buy a "up to date" race platform and you will be happier. thats what i would do instead of putting more money into the old
LX-1. Just my 2 cents
__________________
Dan Williams
MNRC Chairman
---Xray, RC America, Pro-Line Racing, FX Royal, Hudy, KO Propo, 92zero Designs, Vision Racing Products, RW-Mods, Team Loosenuts, forddesigns.net--- Big Thanks to: Wheel Brokers Track and Shop, Pine City MN~ "Stompy"
rider313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:11 PM   #3
Tech Master
 
koopesv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: A main
Posts: 1,265
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default

+1 save yourself the time and money and get something a little more updated.
If you dont have a lot of money to throw around the Jammin x1x would be a good starter.
__________________
Durango - Speed Passion - Trinity
Gforce Hobbies Raceway
Urban Heat Racing
koopesv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:45 PM   #4
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Whitehouse,Texas
Posts: 33
Default

yeah, new to the hobby and the guys at the hobby shop said the LX1 was good for starting out nitro
Cdj1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Whitehouse,Texas
Posts: 33
Default

im prob gonna stick with this buggy for a bit, since its my rc/nitro and i wanna get some racing experience with it.
Cdj1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:24 PM   #6
Tech Addict
 
Do-Over's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: O-H....I-O
Posts: 513
Default

Stick with that one and learn to drive then upgrade to a kit. Do not get an RTR if you want to be serious about racing. I started last spring and was wanting to buy all the hop-ups but I can't make it through every quali. without wrecking so I said heck with it I'll replace as it breaks and buy a kit when I think I can actually control a faster machine. 90% driver, 10% equipment is the golden rule! work on the 90% for now and get the other 10% when the time comes. (You'll know when)
__________________
AE RC8T, Futaba,A-Main by Massive Mods, Hitec,
JConcepts, Fastraxx Hobbies, Team Terribles,
Do-Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 02:05 PM   #7
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Whitehouse,Texas
Posts: 33
Default

prob what im going to do
Cdj1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 02:59 PM   #8
D8
Tech Master
 
D8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: East from ATL,GA
Posts: 1,285
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

here you go.... http://www.ofna.com/teampcr/pcr-ultra.htm
__________________
Main Sponsor- My Wallet....
Mugen MBX7/Werks B5/M11
GS CLX PRO/Werks B2/M11
Sidewiinder Fuel
D8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
$275 OFNA LX 1 W/( SPEKTRUM DX3.0)2.4 FAST REMOTE ALL THE RACING UPGRADES milk R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 24 12-12-2010 12:25 PM
Kyosho Inferno VE vs. OFNA LX-1 lusifur Electric Off-Road 84 04-08-2010 08:51 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:27 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net