R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2010, 10:19 AM   #1
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Whitehouse,Texas
Posts: 33
Default 2 quick questions

sorry for all the questions, still learning the ropes of nitro

should i get the aluminum shock towers? i tried finding some carbon fiber ones for my ofna but i didnt know if any would fit them other than ofna ones

second: its getting cold here in Texas, should i tune rich or lean for the cold weather
Cdj1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:23 AM   #2
Tech Fanatic
 
jwm2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

As it cools down you need to richen the mixture. Imo by the time you upgrade the shocks, shock towers, etc you would have been better off just getting a new rig entirely. You can buy race rollers here for about $250 all day long. Slightly used but still very servicable and competitive.
__________________
8ight 2.0 - Go Engine 7 port | VP-Pro | Avid | Ace/XP 1015 & Hitec 5625MG
8ight-T 2.0 - Go Engine 3 port | VP-Pro | Avid | Ace/XP 1015 & 1313
Extreme-Mods.com - Xbox 360 & PS3 Mods, Parts, and Accessories
WillowBayNaturals.com - Handmade soap, lotions and body products made by my wife. Her lotions and soaps are flat out amazing. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed.
jwm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:09 AM   #3
Tech Elite
 
newuserlosi8t's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: sacramento
Posts: 2,051
Trader Rating: 65 (97%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdj1091 View Post
sorry for all the questions, still learning the ropes of nitro

should i get the aluminum shock towers? i tried finding some carbon fiber ones for my ofna but i didnt know if any would fit them other than ofna ones

second: its getting cold here in Texas, should i tune rich or lean for the cold weather
if ur new to this carbon fiber would not be a good choice stick to aluminum
__________________
zo1b team option buggy
mg66 go 2072 a main fuels savox servos
TEAM DRIVER FOR----ANSWERRC-USA--- PREMIEREHOBBIES--answerrcusa.com-http://premierehobbies.com ***Contact me for pricing and information on Argus, Hyperion, Max Amps, Durango and Savox***
newuserlosi8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:20 AM   #4
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Whitehouse,Texas
Posts: 33
Default

just looking for something durable
Cdj1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:22 AM   #5
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Whitehouse,Texas
Posts: 33
Default

im prob gonna sell it soon anyways and get a truggy, they seem little more reliable than buggys
Cdj1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:34 AM   #6
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,867
Default

if there woven graphite shock towers than it a bad idea to run them in the cold it will break easy.
i know this from doing onroad racing a long time ago .

if its a compsite carbon that it shouldnt be bad .

but alumnuim is the way to go when racing in the cold.

now for a truggy being more durable than a buggy i would say yes that is true.
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:47 AM   #7
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Whitehouse,Texas
Posts: 33
Default

well the reason i was asking about shock towers is cause the front one(stock) is bent from taking a few nose dives at the track. nothing that majorly effects the car, just little bent
Cdj1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:00 PM   #8
Tech Fanatic
 
jwm2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdj1091 View Post
well the reason i was asking about shock towers is cause the front one(stock) is bent from taking a few nose dives at the track. nothing that majorly effects the car, just little bent
If you are still taking nose dives then i'd just grab the cheapest part you can find until you stop nosediving. Imo you need a new buggy, one that jumps more predictably. I'd recommend a losi. I had several other rc's before and each one had quirks with jumping, but once i went with a proper race buggy/truggy i could fly effortlessly and land on all 4's 100% of the time. The days of landing on my lid are over, and i couldn't be happier
__________________
8ight 2.0 - Go Engine 7 port | VP-Pro | Avid | Ace/XP 1015 & Hitec 5625MG
8ight-T 2.0 - Go Engine 3 port | VP-Pro | Avid | Ace/XP 1015 & 1313
Extreme-Mods.com - Xbox 360 & PS3 Mods, Parts, and Accessories
WillowBayNaturals.com - Handmade soap, lotions and body products made by my wife. Her lotions and soaps are flat out amazing. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed.
jwm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:31 PM   #9
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Whitehouse,Texas
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm2 View Post
If you are still taking nose dives then i'd just grab the cheapest part you can find until you stop nosediving. Imo you need a new buggy, one that jumps more predictably. I'd recommend a losi. I had several other rc's before and each one had quirks with jumping, but once i went with a proper race buggy/truggy i could fly effortlessly and land on all 4's 100% of the time. The days of landing on my lid are over, and i couldn't be happier
oh no, it was my first time ever driving on a track, so i was learning how to jump n what not.
Cdj1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1/12 pan car quick questions. Logika Electric On-Road 12 03-05-2009 06:52 AM
2 quick questions! BrainTeased Rookie Zone 10 02-13-2004 03:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:22 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net