Wiki Posts
Search

Throttle servo has a wear spot Losi 8ight t 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Throttle servo has a wear spot Losi 8ight t 2.0

My throttle servo gets a wear spot on the engine side of the servo about a quarter of the way up and towards the back of the servo(right where the aluminum case starts). Any idea what this is from? It rubs on nothing right there. Only thing i can think of is maybe debris from the flywheel or spur gets flung onto the servo. Anyone else seen this on the losi? Any fix?

Also, it seems like no matter how I setup my throttle linkage the carb will eventually bind. I have everything setup to a T per the losi instructions and this passed weekend the carb would bind and not close all the way without me tapping the brakes so i was running on in the corners. I have the linkage straight as i can get and the ball is setup such that the wire is level. Not sure what else to do except buy the quick change center diff mount but if i have to do that i'm going to buy a different brand car. Its getting ridiculous. Its a Werks B5 BTW. I plan on trying a bigger rubber band. I run a torque servo and the band i'm running isn't quite strong enough to pull the servo back at loss of power. Maybe that'll work.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bacchus
My throttle servo gets a wear spot on the engine side of the servo about a quarter of the way up and towards the back of the servo(right where the aluminum case starts). Any idea what this is from? It rubs on nothing right there. Only thing i can think of is maybe debris from the flywheel or spur gets flung onto the servo. Anyone else seen this on the losi? Any fix?

Also, it seems like no matter how I setup my throttle linkage the carb will eventually bind. I have everything setup to a T per the losi instructions and this passed weekend the carb would bind and not close all the way without me tapping the brakes so i was running on in the corners. I have the linkage straight as i can get and the ball is setup such that the wire is level. Not sure what else to do except buy the quick change center diff mount but if i have to do that i'm going to buy a different brand car. Its getting ridiculous. Its a Werks B5 BTW. I plan on trying a bigger rubber band. I run a torque servo and the band i'm running isn't quite strong enough to pull the servo back at loss of power. Maybe that'll work.
it may be the slide on the carb sticking. not your servo
Old 11-03-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by J.Sears
it may be the slide on the carb sticking. not your servo
It is the slide sticking.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Bacchus, will you be in Watson this weekend? If so get Jason or one of the losi guys help you out. Was you there last weekend?
Old 11-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah i was there. Track is tough! I looked at Jason's linkage and it isn't setup like losi recommends. I wanted to try it but didn't have the time to reconfigure everything.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

If you come out saturday i'll take a look at it. I remember Mitch had a problem with the B5 carb sticking on his buggy, i doubt it's the engine just probably a linkage issue. Maybe try like you said another rubberband or use a throttle return spring that's what i use. Track was tough but i liked it
Old 11-04-2010, 08:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jwcobra03
If you come out saturday i'll take a look at it. I remember Mitch had a problem with the B5 carb sticking on his buggy, i doubt it's the engine just probably a linkage issue. Maybe try like you said another rubberband or use a throttle return spring that's what i use. Track was tough but i liked it
Yeah Mitch warned me before i bought the B5. I took the idle stop and slide out and it looks perfect. The carb is butter smooth. I'll figure it out. It was running me on in the corners bad on Saturday. I think that had alot to do with me being discouraged with the track. I know i'm better than that. Maybe not a lot but better. I can't race for a few weeks so i have plenty of time to wrench. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You may need to turn the throttle linkage(the ring that goes over the lsn) counterclockwise alittle more. I have my linkage so its level with the servo arm or slightly above. I had binding issues before doing this but since correcting it, i don't have those issues anymore. I also had an issue of the coupler under the servo arm rubbing on the top of the servo case which certainly didn't help matters at all.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I had the same issue with the collar on the linkage hitting the top of my servo......i did get the linkage as flat and straight as i could nearly perfect but it was still really close. I dremeled a little flat on the collar opposite the set screw and haven't had a problem since..........
Old 11-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BAUSTIN
I had the same issue with the collar on the linkage hitting the top of my servo......i did get the linkage as flat and straight as i could nearly perfect but it was still really close. I dremeled a little flat on the collar opposite the set screw and haven't had a problem since..........
Good idea. Thanks.