R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-02-2010, 09:28 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Project Design Help

hey guys, i'm at the point where i have all the parts i need to make my own RC Nitro Car (off road), as far as i know some of it has not been tried and this is where i need help.

It has a little Nitro Thunder Tiger Pro 15 (the older version) which is at the FRONT of the car, in other words it's where a normal cars engine would be (under the bonnet) and this will almost definatley cause problems. The suspension is solid axle all around and i'm quite worried on it fitting in to place and still working.

The body is made of metal (either aluminium or steel i'm not yet sure) and the chassis will be made of steel all welded together but i'm very worried about the weight on this poor little Pro 15.

any help given to me on tips and hints for making own designed RC cars would be greatly appreciated!

thanks
Tunafish789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:02 PM   #2
Tech Adept

hi there, well I have a couple questions for your design.
what kind of vehicle are you building, monster truck, short course, buggy, 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive.
you stated it's going to have a small block motor, how are you going to get the power to the wheels, are you going to use a, 1/8 scale buggy lay out flat chassis plate, with a center diff, or a monstertruck design with a transmission and transfer case.
good luck with your project, please post pics.
rc_racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:24 AM   #3
Tech Rookie

To be honest with you i don't know what class the car would fit into, but it will be 4wd, i will get the power to the wheels via a transfer case (GCM Transfer Case) which will connect to the axles via punisher shafts as i think they're called, though i'm not sure what type. Connecting the engine to the transfer case is my biggest worry, i was thinking of attaching one of the punisher shafts to the clutch gear (either by glue or by welding it) or make some form of gearing that will mesh with the clutch gear and then connect to the transfer case, Thats what i need most tips and help with.

thanks
Old 11-06-2010, 07:35 AM   #4
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_racer1 View Post
hi there, well I have a couple questions for your design.
what kind of vehicle are you building, monster truck, short course, buggy, 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive.
you stated it's going to have a small block motor, how are you going to get the power to the wheels, are you going to use a, 1/8 scale buggy lay out flat chassis plate, with a center diff, or a monstertruck design with a transmission and transfer case.
good luck with your project, please post pics.

To be honest with you i don't know what class the car would fit into, but it will be 4wd, i will get the power to the wheels via a transfer case (GCM Transfer Case) which will connect to the axles via punisher shafts as i think they're called, though i'm not sure what type. Connecting the engine to the transfer case is my biggest worry, i was thinking of attaching one of the punisher shafts to the clutch gear (either by glue or by welding it) or make some form of gearing that will mesh with the clutch gear and then connect to the transfer case, Thats what i need most tips and help with.

thanks