MBX6 SETUP

Old 10-10-2008, 05:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Default MBX6 SETUP

So i love the car and drove it for the first time last night
this i my 6th mugen so im no stranger to the brand.
but i am lookng for some set up .for a smooth med bite clay track.

going to change some things tonight that i did not like yesterday on the track.just looking to start a set up thread if there hasnt been one yet
Old 10-10-2008, 06:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

the base set up sheet is good from the kit, just drop the shock oils down to 400 front and 350 rear, which equals 35 front and 30 rear in wt measurements, the diffs work well with 552
Old 10-10-2008, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Can you describe the handling characteristics that you didn't like?
Originally Posted by doctordrew
So i love the car and drove it for the first time last night
this i my 6th mugen so im no stranger to the brand.
but i am lookng for some set up .for a smooth med bite clay track.

going to change some things tonight that i did not like yesterday on the track.just looking to start a set up thread if there hasnt been one yet
Old 10-10-2008, 07:57 AM
Tech Initiate

well at first i thought that the car was to (springy??)

meaning it was bouncing allover the place.
consequently my first thought was to make the shock oil heavier. but after finding the other thread. I feel i may have been mistaken and need to go the other way!.
also i didn't give much thought to center diff oil as they give you 7000 in the kit so same o same o i put it in now realizing that i should lighten it .
the car was lose at first chasing it all over the track . but this was poor tire choice so i changed tires and then it wouldn't turn at all on power
so i am going to run 5/5/2 instead of the traditional 5/7/1/
Old 10-10-2008, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hmm, with that "springy" feel I would also think of going with thicker oil. I'm interested to know what you learn, keep us posted please.
well at first i thought that the car was to (springy??)

meaning it was bouncing allover the place.
consequently my first thought was to make the shock oil heavier. but after finding the other thread. I feel i may have been mistaken and need to go the other way!.
also i didn't give much thought to center diff oil as they give you 7000 in the kit so same o same o i put it in now realizing that i should lighten it .
the car was lose at first chasing it all over the track . but this was poor tire choice so i changed tires and then it wouldn't turn at all on power
so i am going to run 5/5/2 instead of the traditional 5/7/1/
Old 10-10-2008, 08:22 AM
Tech Initiate

i will not be able to run it again untill sat morn. so i will let you know what i come up with by the end of the weekend
Old 10-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I will post scott hughes official worlds setup sheet once I get off work. It seems like a really good setup but then again I haven't run my mbx6 yet...

Also it seems like a lot of people are going with 5 in the center. How does the car like this setup?
Old 10-10-2008, 09:49 AM
Tech Initiate

i am going to try 5 in the center sat. at the races. i had 7 in it and i think it was to much for the tight corners on my track.

I ran 4/4/2 in my d8 and to my surprise i liked it so i will change the 6 tonight
Old 10-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I am running 5-5-2 in the diffs , 450 oil front and rear in my shocks, 2.75 rear toe and 2 degrees antisquat and my car is already pretty close to where I want it. The car has really good traction and very stable. Only thing I am still tuning on is the feel of the steering . The car turns in really hard but the mid to exit has more push than I would like. But other than that the car is awesome.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jpz_67
Only thing I am still tuning on is the feel of the steering . The car turns in really hard but the mid to exit has more push than I would like. But other than that the car is awesome.
+1 i agree with the above
Old 10-13-2008, 09:37 AM
Tech Initiate

so i changed the diff fluid to 5/5/2 and it cornered a lot better
then i changer my shock oil to 400 in front and 300 in rear(didn't have any 350) and the car was a lot more settled. not bouncing around so much.
the other thing i found is the rear sway bar was to tight. with the new holders it is easy to tighten them down so they wont move. so i would suggest to check this on your assembly.

the only thing that i need to work on yet is exit corner speed. the car was either way lose and doing doughnuts or wouldn't turn on power at all. need to try to find a happy medium.

will post when i get it figure it out.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jpz_67
I am running 5-5-2 in the diffs , 450 oil front and rear in my shocks, 2.75 rear toe and 2 degrees antisquat and my car is already pretty close to where I want it. The car has really good traction and very stable. Only thing I am still tuning on is the feel of the steering . The car turns in really hard but the mid to exit has more push than I would like. But other than that the car is awesome.
I ran my with a similar set-up only I had 7K in the center diff & 1 deg of rear antisquat. Our track is loamy & normally ran damp. The car work great but would become a little tail loose as the track became more dry. Still thinking about what changes to make. Over all I'm very happy with cars handling.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Here's Scott Hughes setup sheet from the worlds
Old 10-14-2008, 11:49 AM
Tech Initiate

thanks for the set up!!!1
not much different than mine other than anti squat and droop. i will have to play with those tonight.

any opinions on how the worlds track was as far as rough or smooth ,tight or lose????
Old 10-14-2008, 03:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

thanks for the set up!!!1
not much different than mine other than anti squat and droop. i will have to play with those tonight.

any opinions on how the worlds track was as far as rough or smooth ,tight or lose????
I think some parts were rougher than others but all in all the track was a medium of the two. Either way Scott's setup is not only a good setup but also a good starting point if your track is completely different

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.