Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thailand Worlds Track Images 2010 Buggy View Angle

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RcRacer37E
I heard word that the carpet is there just for practice and will be removed for the worlds, anyone else hear that? I do remember some of the drivers saying the carpet coming up and causing issues.
People that dont like a good groomed surface to run on, need to go to the woods and bash.

ALL tracks will break down with that much traffic on them....

Last edited by token; 10-28-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
People that dont like a good groomed surface to run on, need to go the woods and bash.

ALL tracks will break down with that much traffic on them....
Absolutley! Think about how many laps have been turned on that track in the last month, it looks damn good to more for that kind of traffic! I'm like JQ the blown out tracks dont bother me, its all part of the fun!
Old 10-28-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Adept

Default Blown out tracks

A lot of the pros I have been able to talk to, love when a track gets blown out. It seperates the men from the boys to be able to adapt and still be fast.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hambone, folks getting touchy about a ragged ass, blown out track....

Look, first off the whole place looks like a section of run down slumlord property..Its the WORLDS for christ sake.

Just because its a 3rd world country doesn't mean they couldn't borrow a weed eater at least....

Just for prides sake, do you think they might groom the track BEFORE THE WORLDS BEGIN?

Could you imagine looking at the nauseous color while trying to hold a line?

HORRIFYING!!!!LOL!!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 09:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Rough, blown out tracks are what offroad is all about! The only thing I can't stand is when the face of jumps get so rough that my car donkey flips no matter what line is taken.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Track surface will be like preworlds with no carpet what im told that why there was a preworlds the track is awesome !!
Old 10-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by off road god

Hambone, folks getting touchy about a ragged ass, blown out track....

Look, first off the whole place looks like a section of run down slumlord property..Its the WORLDS for christ sake.

Just because its a 3rd world country doesn't mean they couldn't borrow a weed eater at least....

Just for prides sake, do you think they might groom the track BEFORE THE WORLDS BEGIN?

Could you imagine looking at the nauseous color while trying to hold a line?

HORRIFYING!!!!LOL!!!!
You gonna race there ??
Old 10-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jmpn02
A lot of the pros I have been able to talk to, love when a track gets blown out. It seperates the men from the boys to be able to adapt and still be fast.
Funny cause I dont know one REAL racer that would prefer a blown track....

I have a queston:

Who on here complaining like a 96 year old grand mother, have a track facility that is BETTER than Thailand? You can give me all the BS you want, but what track in the US is better. What track in the US could take bad weather, and take 25,000 laps (it was at lease that many laps on that track or more) and the track would end up better than that. My two fav track builders are Bill from DirtWorks and dude from the Pit. And I have seen both tracks get blowen out after 3 days for racing. Whats better.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Addict

JQ, you got there late after they removed a lot of the carpet. When I was there a few weeks ago my car got lassoed (not sure if spelled that right, lasso like a cowboy throwing a rope) a handful of times. The the rear axle locked up and my pit man had to walk to the track to get my car, remove wheel hex, get carpet out, pain in the butt.

Preconceptions are not good. Thailand's track facility is really good. They have awesome pit wash stations, as good or better than anything I've seen in the States. Their drivers stand sort of looks like the skeleton for a skyscraper, awesome....except the stairs are sort of like climbing a ladder and impossible for wheelchair accessibility. The scoring booth, looks like airport control tower, awesome. The track, when oiled is awesome and super consistent. When dry, gets dusty and little blown out but might be ok. It might be on the edge of changing fast enough that it might not be fair meaning the 1st heat might have a track that is better than the last heat of a round. The oiled track eliminated this.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JQ
"Your completely dilirious if you prefer chopped up, rutted, blown out, huge holes in the racing line."

I do
+1, now that we have 3-5 off-roaders in this thread... why arnt the rest of you cupcakes in on-road? it suits your driving better... you might not be on your lid so much
Old 10-28-2010, 10:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Poinas2
You gonna race there ??
As soon as you groom the track....
Originally Posted by Jesse Robbers
JQ, you got there late after they removed a lot of the carpet. When I was there a few weeks ago my car got lassoed (not sure if spelled that right, lasso like a cowboy throwing a rope) a handful of times. The the rear axle locked up and my pit man had to walk to the track to get my car, remove wheel hex, get carpet out, pain in the butt.

Preconceptions are not good. Thailand's track facility is really good. They have awesome pit wash stations, as good or better than anything I've seen in the States. Their drivers stand sort of looks like the skeleton for a skyscraper, awesome....except the stairs are sort of like climbing a ladder and impossible for wheelchair accessibility. The scoring booth, looks like airport control tower, awesome. The track, when oiled is awesome and super consistent. When dry, gets dusty and little blown out but might be ok. It might be on the edge of changing fast enough that it might not be fair meaning the 1st heat might have a track that is better than the last heat of a round. The oiled track eliminated this.
Thanks Jesse for giving us insight beyond the pics...we now know that the facility is top notch....can we do something about that Hawian Urkle color?
Originally Posted by 808gx7r
+1, now that we have 3-5 off-roaders in this thread... why arnt the rest of you cupcakes in on-road? it suits your driving better... you might not be on your lid so much
Glad you found a cup of coffee! Now, make up your mind, am I a cupcake or a pussy?
Old 10-28-2010, 11:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by off road god
As soon as you groom the track....

Thanks Jesse for giving us insight beyond the pics...we now know that the facility is top notch....can we do something about that Hawian Urkle color?

Glad you found a cup of coffee! Now, make up your mind, am I a cupcake or a pussy?
so make up your mind, is the place slumlord property or top notch?
Old 10-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Anyone got a location for the track that I can throw into Google Earth just for grins. Pattaya isn't specific enough.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Yeah just type: rough, blown out R/C track in Pattaya. j/k, I had to
Old 10-28-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=RePeTe;8134789]so make up your mind, is the place slumlord property or top notch?[/QUOTE

Oh definetly top notch facility with a ragged ass, blown out track...Dont you agree?
Originally Posted by ForwardBite
Yeah just type: rough, blown out R/C track in Pattaya. j/k, I had to
hahahahahaaa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.