How would these motors compare in an 8ight-t

• Ok I plan on racing my truggy next season in the pro-series, I felt very left out this season as I normally run e-truggy and as of now they still don't have this class at all events.

I currently have a JS Eb Mods race prep .21 in my truggy.. I want to pick up a used spare motor for emergencies or when this one dies or goes out for work.

How would these two motors compare to my js

Novarossi 421b turbo plugged
    Go 5 port ceramic bearings (gen 5) motor

Both have a few gallons but are in good shape.. what is the best choice? The go is a little cheaper.
  • in my experince, the nova is a better motor BUT it is harder to tune. the go would do pretty good and will be a lot easier to keep in tune.
  • The Nova is by far the better motor. The Go is a good motor too and makes plenty of power, but they just don't last compared to the Novas.

That being said, everything goes out the window with a used motor. Who knows what the previous owner did with it. When it comes to used motors, only spend what you're willing to lose. Or if you want a solid backup motor, look at the Nova N21R. Great motor and cost less than $150 new.
  • Quote: Ok I plan on racing my truggy next season in the pro-series, I felt very left out this season as I normally run e-truggy and as of now they still don't have this class at all events.

I currently have a JS Eb Mods race prep .21 in my truggy.. I want to pick up a used spare motor for emergencies or when this one dies or goes out for work.

How would these two motors compare to my js

Novarossi 421b turbo plugged
    Go 5 port ceramic bearings (gen 5) motor

Both have a few gallons but are in good shape.. what is the best choice? The go is a little cheaper.
    HONESTLY run which ever 1 YOU think was BETTER cared for ...you said the GO has ceramics in it...well if thats the case,then just grab that 1 cause parts are ALOT cheaper for the GO engines then the NOVAS...but like i said, buy the 1 YOU think has been taken care of better
  • The 421b turbo is one bad engine when set up properly. My favorite nova engine. It just got reincarnated finally as the Max Power Xtreme 8 port. I have the JP version of it. Can't speak abt the Go since i've never had one.