R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-25-2010, 03:15 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default New Caster?

Wanted:

Someone (individual or group) in the industry to help promote the Caster line above and beyond what I can do.

Here is where we are at. We have been working for the past 3 years trying to get the line to where it is equal to all the good brands and in some circumstances, better. I can help design, I can do web, I can create some buzz and we have achieved constant growth, but now it is time to start growing to the next level.

People in the industry who know Caster know our changes and how we have worked hard in pushing the car further and further.

Of course, we have the new 1/10 pro and rtr, the fusion line, and the 1/18s proving we are not a 1 pony show like some of our competitors.

Contact me at mike@casterracingusa.com
casterracingusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:50 PM   #2
Tech Elite

and all inquiries will be confidential.

But basically I am looking to expand the US market.
Semi-Retired from this industry at this time.
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:14 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

what exactly are you looking for?
PHILIPPIANS 4:13
bbrace3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:44 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrace3m View Post
REALLY?????? you got to ask?????
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Serpent SRX8, Sanwa M11s, Sanwa SRX-BX servos, Picco 5TB
RAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:48 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

I'm sorry, but I too need to ask, "What exactly are you looking for"?
dayglo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:50 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrace3m View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayglo33 View Post
I'm sorry, but I too need to ask, "What exactly are you looking for"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by casterracingusa View Post
Wanted:

Someone (individual or group) in the industry to help promote the Caster line above and beyond what I can do.
haha
smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:13 PM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlmeida View Post
REALLY?????? you got to ask?????
some people are a little slower then others.
PHILIPPIANS 4:13
bbrace3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:55 PM   #8
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Just thought I would say that Caster Racing USA is a great company and have done LOTS of changes to make the cars better and better. The cars work well. The owner does everything he can to help his drivers and friends. This is a great opportunity for someone to help out a great company that's growing.
Josh Pease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:49 AM   #9
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Please note, this is a copy and paste from another thread on this forum, started about 2 years ago, and I agree with it 1000%

OK.. I'll try to answer this to the best of my ability... We'll start at the top... AKA... Best of the Best.

Teir 1) Your truly PRO drivers. Folks who do this for a living. They feed themselves from money they make in this sport. They get paid whether they have a bad race or not... But they are required to stay on top of their game obviously, too many bad weekends, they'll be looking for new employment. Bonus money and contingency money are also possible. These people usually have an active part in the development of new cars and equipment from their respective manufacturer. They are also REQUIRED to be at the biggest races, as well as perform at a local level. Travel is paid for, entry fees paid for, free equipment, seat at the factory tent guaranteed, basically the whole enchelada.... But they've earned it through YEARS of consistently being the best. 99.9% of us in this hobby can only DREAM of being this good. These folks are the ones you see pictures of on the box your shiny new car came in!

Examples - Cavalieri, Maifield, Tebo, Truhe, Drake, Lutz, Masami, ... Etc. These are all guys who can show up anywhere and compete in the pro class and take home hardware. Your "Best of the Best".. "World Class" drivers.

Teir 2) Your 100% Sponsored guys. These folks get their gear (at least up to a certain dollar amount) free. These folks also are able to earn "contigency" money. Basically they are paid for a good performance. They do not draw a salaried pay check however... Most of these guys have normal 9-5 jobs just like the rest of the world. They are however usually extremely gifted at the controller... Capable of almost always placing in the A-Main no matter where they go, this guy might even have a good race day or get lucky once in awhile and get in the mix with the big dogs up in Tier 1. They also may recieve "prototype" gear. Stuff that is not ready to be released to the public. Usually they recieve this gear so the manufacturer can get extra feedback not povided by the Tier 1 guys involved in development. Some of this guys ideas may be used to improve the product however.

This is the guy at the track who is always more than willing to help you get that perfect setup in your car.. ESPECIALLY if you're running gear from his sponsor, but more than likely he'll help ya if you're running someone elses equipment. Remember though... He's trying to run a race too, so if he's on his way to the stand with a transmitter in his hand... Now may not be the time to bother him.

Teir 2.1) Employee - This is the guy who works for a manufacturer for a living. May have little to no skill (LOL... THIS IS A JOKE!) with a transmitter, but still generally a good guy. He isn't paid or rewarded to drive, but obviously he runs the gear of the company he works for, and puts their name on the sponsor sheet. Gets his equipment usually for free because he works there. Sometimes this guy can be your best friend!

Teir 3) Partial Sponsorship - Usually between 75 and 50% - Recieves his equipment direct from manufacturer for whatever percentage off. Again.. Usually up to a certain dollar amount. This level of sponsorship usually is just a break on your equipment, sometimes a posibility at contingency money, sometimes might get some hand me down prototype stuff. This is your up and coming guy. The guy who consistently cleans house at his home track, as well as puts on a decent performance on a regional level. You may also have a few guys in here who have "the gift of gab", while not a bad thing, it means they perform alright with a controller, but they serve a higher purpose to the companies they represent in that they are a good advocate. Sometimes this is that local go to guy when you need a part or setup advice.

While not as "Elite" as your 100% drivers or Pro guys... This is still something to be proud of.

This is the level (as well as next one.. "Teir 4") that 90% of your "Sponsored" guys fall into. This is also the level that nearly 100% of your "sponsored pricks" come from. Sometimes the little recognition that is given to this level of driver is enough to cause his head to expand to roughly the size of the moon.

Teir 4) The "I think I'm sponsored" guy. This guy is sponsored by companies who will accept anybody. All you have to do is ask. These companies do this for one reason, to improve the bottom line. Usually your new upstart companies. These companies sell direct so they don't have to loose money to the middle man. These drivers usually recieve their equipment for only a few dollars below what you could buy it at the LHS for... I've seen cases where it was MORE expensive.

This guys gets nothing but to say he's a "Team Driver". Also not a whole lot is expected of him. If you didn't actually have to sign a contract and mail it back... THIS is the level of sponsorship you have.

Your top level manufacturers don't really offer this level of sponsorship. This is usually once again, the new company trying to get it's feet in the door, or a smaller business trying to make a buck.

This is the level that DOES cause damage to the local hobby shop. This level also seems to have it's fair share of "Big Heads".

Not to start a war... But Caster was big about this for awhile... I haven't paid much attention lately though.

-----

I could go on for quite awhile longer to break this all down... but I doubt anybody will read this entire post anyway. If somebody wants me to finish it I will....

Again... This is just how I see it... I could have missed an important point or two.
CANADA
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Serpent SRX8, Sanwa M11s, Sanwa SRX-BX servos, Picco 5TB
RAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:00 AM   #10
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have nothing but positive things to say about mike and his company. They have came a long way in a short time. Successful platforms are nit built overnight, any of the major manufactures will tell you that. The new cars are leaps better than the original design. Why is that? Because they give the consumer what they want and that is a recipe for a successful business. In my experiences with Mike, you wont meet a more stand up guy Mike, good luck to you and your family in the future.
Jonathan Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:20 AM   #11
Tech Elite

Well, we actually do have a prototype 1/8 nitro that we need to have people test....

But that is a different topic....
Semi-Retired from this industry at this time.
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:38 AM   #12
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

Seriously can someone tell me what this thread is about? Are they looking for drivers, people to work at their factory, make a car for them? And I'm not being a smart a** either.
dayglo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:48 AM   #13
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayglo33 View Post
Seriously can someone tell me what this thread is about? Are they looking for drivers, people to work at their factory, make a car for them? And I'm not being a smart a** either.
It appears they are looking for an experienced RC marketing person. Someone who can take the name and brand it all over the country. make it a household name like Losi, and Mugen and help increase US sales.
It shouldn't be to hard to do considering the great products they offer for the prices they sell at. All the best to Caster Racing USA and I hope you find that perfect individual.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:11 AM   #14
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
It appears they are looking for an experienced RC marketing person. Someone who can take the name and brand it all over the country. make it a household name like Losi, and Mugen and help increase US sales.
It shouldn't be to hard to do considering the great products they offer for the prices they sell at. All the best to Caster Racing USA and I hope you find that perfect individual.
Well James, There new Ex 1.5r kicks butt!

i know for a fact!

smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:16 AM   #15
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinu View Post
Well James, There new Ex 1.5r kicks butt!

i know for a fact!

It and the electric version look really nice!