R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Thread moving... (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/446429-thread-moving.html)

cordarrow 10-24-2010 04:20 PM

Thread moving...

...is completely out of hand.

Now...I can see a new thread being tossed to some obscure location...

When in fact we've enjoyed a thread in it's current location for pages...well...this is not that complicated.

This is muscle flexing...and it's ugly.

I'm a forum owner...and I realize power is a delicate charge...

But seriously, folks.....

Wander where this will fly to?

NitroOB4You 10-24-2010 04:23 PM

+1

Jaz240 10-24-2010 04:36 PM

Give up

It's no use fighting. This is a privately owned website and the moderators are obviously under order to clean it up and have everything in it's proper place. As participatants we can either accept it or find another forum to visit. Telling someone how to run their "business" is useless. We might as well walk into a Mcdonalds and demand a hot dog

J.Whiting 10-24-2010 04:41 PM

thank you jaz....

which thread are you talking about???

and what is the point of this thread in the nitro section??

this should be in the rctech forum area!!!!

if the members would use the correct forum then we would not have to move things!!!!!

hambone 10-24-2010 05:06 PM

When a thread gets moved, how do we know where it got moved to?

porkchop 10-24-2010 05:08 PM

put it back put it back

cordarrow 10-24-2010 05:08 PM

Telling someone how to run their "business" is useless.
Perhaps here...but I take many suggestions on my forum....

If in fact I see interest in a particular thread...albeit a acoustic guitar thread in the recording forum...why would I move it? Interest in any part of my forum is what I need to extract any monetary compensation for what is basically a labor of love.

My mods strive to protect the interests of the members...without members I'd have no forum.

TopGearRC 10-24-2010 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by hambone (Post 8116586)

in most cases when its moved it will tell you where it has been moved to and the link will be there to take you to the thread, however if its moved to a private section then you wouldn't be able to access it w/o enough authority.

cordarrow 10-24-2010 05:13 PM

this should be in the rctech forum area!!!!
Now that's priceless...I don't care who you are!

mgtmadness2007 10-24-2010 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by cordarrow (Post 8116624)
Now that's priceless...I don't care who you are!

This is where he means.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-tech-site-forum-14/

hambone 10-24-2010 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by xjqkz (Post 8116611)
in most cases when its moved it will tell you where it has been moved to and the link will be there to take you to the thread, however if its moved to a private section then you wouldn't be able to access it w/o enough authority.

It always says i don't have the authority to access it. What happened to the blow and hookers vs racing thread? Maybe a little inappropriate? Great humor though. Especially when at the age where the blow & hookers is a fond memory, lol.

synrgy 10-24-2010 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by hambone (Post 8116586)

Check your subscribed threads ? That would take you to current location wouldnt it ?

Brandon Black 10-24-2010 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by hambone (Post 8116707)
It always says i don't have the authority to access it. What happened to the blow and hookers vs racing thread? Maybe a little inappropriate? Great humor though. Especially when at the age where the blow & hookers is a fond memory, lol.

I get the same thing when a thread has been moved, it always tells me i dont have the authority to access it! must not like me looking at it! LOL

Jaz240 10-24-2010 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by cordarrow (Post 8116596)
Perhaps here...but I take many suggestions on my forum....

If in fact I see interest in a particular thread...albeit a acoustic guitar thread in the recording forum...why would I move it? Interest in any part of my forum is what I need to extract any monetary compensation for what is basically a labor of love.

My mods strive to protect the interests of the members...without members I'd have no forum.

You are right to an extent however there are hundreds of thousands of users here and i don't think 20 or so who are complaining about the thread moving will make a difference. When it started I was one of the complainers but it didn't change anything so I gave up. If 51% of all members here were complaining about it I am sure they would at least take it under advisement. I am sure you don't make grand scale changes to your forums based on a small percentage of suggestions either. I also own my own forums at Team Terribles website and what we do is create polls now to ask our team members what they want. If it gets voted in we do it.

J.Whiting 10-24-2010 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by hambone (Post 8116707)

that would be the one... if you have any issues please pm marcos.j or matt m. you can contact either of them on the issue... that language and subject/s are not allowed here on rctech... thread will be moved/closed...:lol: