Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what you race?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 10:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default what you race?

so im trying to get back into racing at local tracks, but its been atleast 5 years maybe more since i was racing. so my rc10gt's are way outta date. whats everyone running now. i think my local shop said something about buggies, but not a 100% sure on that. i do know his car is a little bigger then mine. so im looking for some help on this subject. i hsave 2 rs4's 3 rc10gt's and 1 xxxnt, now it seems they all must go so i can get back to the racing scene, help me out fellas
Old 10-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gt fast
so im trying to get back into racing at local tracks, but its been atleast 5 years maybe more since i was racing. so my rc10gt's are way outta date. whats everyone running now. i think my local shop said something about buggies, but not a 100% sure on that. i do know his car is a little bigger then mine. so im looking for some help on this subject. i hsave 2 rs4's 3 rc10gt's and 1 xxxnt, now it seems they all must go so i can get back to the racing scene, help me out fellas
1/8 scale buggies and truggies is where it is at right now.. Only one other thing is even close to as big, and that is Short courset trucks, and they are BLOWING UP!!!!
Old 10-24-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

so with these buggies are they pretty fast. i mean compared to a stadium truck. and with the short course trucks they seem kinda slow.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Well in short course its all depending on what class your running ex. mod, box stock etc.

Now with 1/8th scale buggies and truggies absolutley scream and as he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^ that is the biggest thing right now!!
Old 10-24-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gt fast
so with these buggies are they pretty fast. i mean compared to a stadium truck. and with the short course trucks they seem kinda slow.
there way faster, and a lot easier to handle! The stuff produced now is much better then 5 years ago!
Old 10-24-2010, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I use to run a gt back in the day. Buggies are way more intense. I switched to a ofna 9.5/mbx in 01 I think it was, and never looked back. Now I rock a Losi 8b and may be getting a truggy soon!
Old 10-24-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by So*Cal AFDude
I use to run a gt back in the day. Buggies are way more intense. I switched to a ofna 9.5/mbx in 01 I think it was, and never looked back. Now I rock a Losi 8b and may be getting a truggy soon!
Truggy is a blast, you can push them a lot more then buggies! If your good with a buggy, imagine how good you could be with a truggy! Get it... Get it.... Get it.... Get it....