Wiki Posts
Search

TKO Bearings Packaging

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default TKO Bearings Packaging

I recently received my order from TKO. I ordered directly through TKO.

Is it common that TKO does not label any of the products as well as no special packaging.

The reason i ask is my order was sent in a zip lock bag just like when you order something from ebay. No separation and no tags with identification.

How would one know if they indeed received genuine TKO bearings. They sell their bearings at a premium why would you not package them with a TKO label.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dishsoap

Is it common that TKO does not label any of the products as well as no special packaging.

The reason i ask is my order was sent in a zip lock bag just like when you order something from ebay. No separation and no tags with identification.

How would one know if they indeed received genuine TKO bearings. They sell their bearings at a premium why would you not package them with a TKO label.
I always wondered the same thing I bought some bearings from avid and they came in an avid container and with avid stickers!
Old 10-23-2010, 06:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

thats the way peter does it

his bearings are ordered in large bulk , they are in tubes , he pulls them out , sticks them in a bag and ships them its that simple

and I am not sure but I dont think that tko is the only one that sells those exact bearings

Last edited by houston; 10-23-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by houston
thats the way peter does it

his bearings are ordered in large bulk , they are in tubes , he pulls them out , sticks them in a bag and ships them its that simple

and dont think that tko is the only one that sells those exact bearings
Well who else sells them. By the way there special clutch bearings are awesome. Going on 3 months with the same bearings and they are still super smooth.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I'm sure they would be happy to charge you another 5 dollars a piece for a nice custom package.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wingracer
I'm sure they would be happy to charge you another 5 dollars a piece for a nice custom package.
At least I would know I am getting genuine stuff.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Yea, maybe the mailman swapped your TKO's for cheap imitation
bearings. LMAO
Old 10-23-2010, 09:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Screw that.

when i order bearings they are in zip lock bags and seperated by sized, thats good enough for me, i dont wanna pay extra just so they can write the size on the bag
Old 10-23-2010, 09:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Planetary Gears
Old 10-23-2010, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

So you ordered direct from TKO and are not sure they are original TKO bearings because they don't come in a fancy labeled bag?

I would understand If you ordered through someone else but questioning the authenticity of the bearings, ordered straight from TKO is silly.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Yeah, the mailman switched them! Lol. Peter's a great guy, they are great bearings just put them in.

Rex
Old 10-23-2010, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by 22Racer
Yeah, the mailman switched them! Lol. Peter's a great guy, they are great bearings just put them in.

Rex
agreed
Old 10-24-2010, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by infanterene
So you ordered direct from TKO and are not sure they are original TKO bearings because they don't come in a fancy labeled bag?

I would understand If you ordered through someone else but questioning the authenticity of the bearings, ordered straight from TKO is silly.
Originally Posted by 22Racer

Rex
Never said they were not authentic. I believe they are. Read the title PACKAGING.

I know they are good bearings. They are the best. Was just wanting to see if that is they way they come. Most companies have a label and a bag for there product.

Never said Peter wasnt a stand up guy.

I swear you people. I have one little question and its starts into this the mail man switched them crap. Its amazing how legit words in front of our own eyes seem to get turned around.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2010, 12:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Never said they were not authentic. I believe they are. Read the title PACKAGING.

I know they are good bearings. They are the best. Was just wanting to see if that is they way they come. Most companies have a label and a bag for there product.

Never said Peter wasnt a stand up guy.

I swear you people. I have one little question and its starts into this the mail man switched them crap. Its amazing how legit words in front of our own eyes seem to get turned around.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

austin that is why they are making that comment
Old 10-24-2010, 12:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by losi_racer
austin that is why they are making that comment
I understand that however a question is completely different than a statement. I never once stated that what I received was not real nor did I flame the manufacture. I did however praise the manufacture about the product.

If the manufacture reads this I had no intentions of creating havoc. If I did I apologize. For the folks that know this manufacture personally from the posts above a simple yes that is how they pacakage their products would have sufficed, but no it gets turnned around and people go on the defense. I did the right thing by going direct I could have went with another company that sells the same product. By not doing this the manufacture makes more money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.