Community
Wiki Posts
Search

back pressure

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 09:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default back pressure

so i got a rtr rc10gt. the original still a blue chassis though. now, it came with a .15 which i still run. i had it completly taken apart and upon putting it back together i noticed my pipe was cracked, the end that mounts to the chassis. i cut it off making it prety much a straight blow threw pipe, now i go no fuel. i put a diff pipe on brand new same problem. why is my engine not getting fuel. if i hold my finger over the piece that comes off the pipe, then my fuel line will pump fuel, if i take it off, try as hell. what would coause this. keep in mind i did try a brand new pipe.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gt fast
so i got a rtr rc10gt. the original still a blue chassis though. now, it came with a .15 which i still run. i had it completly taken apart and upon putting it back together i noticed my pipe was cracked, the end that mounts to the chassis. i cut it off making it prety much a straight blow threw pipe, now i go no fuel. i put a diff pipe on brand new same problem. why is my engine not getting fuel. if i hold my finger over the piece that comes off the pipe, then my fuel line will pump fuel, if i take it off, try as hell. what would coause this. keep in mind i did try a brand new pipe.
Your not getting enough pressure from the exhaust to push fuel up to the carb is what it sounds like... You say your pipe has a hole in it? Besides the stinger?

If every things fine with the pipe you might have a pin hole in your pressure line or maybe even in your tank. At least this is something to check.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:57 AM
Tech Regular

could you put up some pics so we can see whats going on and what pipe is the new one?