Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
How often do you buy a new roller? >

How often do you buy a new roller?

How often do you buy a new roller?

Old 10-24-2010, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Once every year. I generally replace it in March so i can get a couple of runs on it before Neo-Buggy Race and BRCA nats. Through out the year, after every race i clean it, replacing seals and anything that has worn a lot (the chassis possibly and anything with a lot of slop). Come October time i generally replace all the turnbuckle end and balls and plastics.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I finally retired my losi 8ight 1.0 after buying it june 2007. I replaced the arms once, upgraded the diff cases to the hd ones, and several new bearing sets, and thats about it. A complete tear down with cleaning and new oils and lubing the driveshafts after every weekend of racing will extend the life of the car.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Like someone said earlier it depends on the car. I use to own an RC8B which was great, but wore quickly. So I would have to buy parts when the car got too sloppy. I now have an XRAY and knock on wood, this thing is much more wear resistant. So far in the time I have practiced with it and raced with it, I would have replaced the worn parts once.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I've really noticed alot of slop on several makes of cars but have never really noticed it really effecting the handling of the car. I do know that the Hot Bodies are built kind loose and as far as plastic wear, you gotta watch the sagging arms.
Maybe in off-road we can't notice the slop as much as the on-road guys.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I buy new cars pretty much every year. It is usually cheaper than replacing everything that needs to be replaced. Plus I like new stuff!
Old 10-24-2010, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default So true

Originally Posted by mcion
Like someone said earlier it depends on the car. I use to own an RC8B which was great, but wore quickly. So I would have to buy parts when the car got too sloppy. I now have an XRAY and knock on wood, this thing is much more wear resistant. So far in the time I have practiced with it and raced with it, I would have replaced the worn parts once.
Some cars wear out fast, and some last for a long time. In my experience the Mugen and Xray cars last for a long time.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I know nothing about the X-Ray but the Mugen can last forever. To me, the Mugen has always been a funny car to drive with weird steering, thus the reason for me not to stick with it but the durability is one of the best.