R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-24-2010, 08:04 PM   #16
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 7,916
Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerNate View Post
8ight-racer, this spot we're looking for an expert driver.

inferno, this sponsorship is just for the free product. I wish we were the size that we could bring a driver onboard and pay travel expenses, but if we did our products would probably cost you more money like the other engine brands as that salary and expenses are ultimately financed by the customer. Right now, Jason and I don't even take a paycheck from the company. Our budget is the size of what the big companies spend on stationary.

We're not expecting anyone to be able to quit their job with this, just looking to support one fast guy and maybe that relationship can grow along with our company.

Thanks. Nate.
understood, and pm sent
__________________
D8 "HARA", OS SPEED, ,SAVOX 1267/68 SERVOS, BYRONS 25%, SPEKTRUM DX3R PRO
D8T GO GXII ,SAVOX 1267/68 SERVOS, BYRONS 25%, SPEKTRUM DX3R PRO
NMRCC -(northern michigan rc club)
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:45 AM   #17
Tech Regular
 
SoonerNate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
Posts: 399
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

got it
SoonerNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:11 PM   #18
Tech Elite
 
smokinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: MODESTO CA
Posts: 4,863
Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)
Default

Thanks Nate, you got email btw!
__________________
Marcus P.
\\Speedzone USA//Savox USA\\Caster Racing Parts//
www.speedzoneusa.com. www.casterracingparts.com
smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:17 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic
 
mgtmadness2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bath, NY
Posts: 945
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

This would be nice, but Racing at Regional and National events are Pricey
__________________
George White
Bath, NY
Team Terribles!
Race Vehicles-SC8 w/ GRP .28 Tuned,RC8T FT-Reedy VR 121 .21, 2035 pipe, RC8B-Reedy .21
http://www.jerrysrcraceway.com/
mgtmadness2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:20 PM   #20
Tech Elite
 
smokinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: MODESTO CA
Posts: 4,863
Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgtmadness2007 View Post
This would be nice, but Racing at Regional and National events are Pricey
from a new york stand point i guess so.

move to cali/arizona! all the racing is here!
__________________
Marcus P.
\\Speedzone USA//Savox USA\\Caster Racing Parts//
www.speedzoneusa.com. www.casterracingparts.com
smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:31 PM   #21
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,982
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno13 View Post
2 motors 2 pipes, wont even cover 1 race expense, if you have to travel and stay. not even close
This is funny!!! Do you know how many drivers get paid to race? Maybe 1% of all RC Drivers make money doing it. Also they not only have to race but must of these guys work for the company during the week.

There are thousands of people every year that travel all over the contry to race on their own dime. Nathan and I were two of those people. What we are trying to do here is help support a expert level racer. This is not to pay an employee just to get the product out there in a place where it may not yet be seen. I think anyone considered should be greatful that they have 20 less things they have to pay for because this offer is for our full product line.
__________________
Getting back to racing!!!

See you at the track.
janderson78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:37 PM   #22
Tech Elite
 
smokinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: MODESTO CA
Posts: 4,863
Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by janderson78 View Post
This is funny!!! Do you know how many drivers get paid to race? Maybe 1% of all RC Drivers make money doing it. Also they not only have to race but must of these guys work for the company during the week.

There are thousands of people every year that travel all over the contry to race on their own dime. Nathan and I were two of those people. What we are trying to do here is help support a expert level racer. This is not to pay an employee just to get the product out there in a place where it may not yet be seen. I think anyone considered should be greatful that they have 20 less things they have to pay for because this offer is for our full product line.
so jason is it going to be
two engines and pipes, with two ascendancy set ups

one for buggy one for truggy?

I sent in my resume lol!

i think i sold a few of these clutches in nor-cal because of the shoe life i was getting!

now there are companies trying to steal the limelight!

these products are top notch! who ever gets this deal will have some good engines/pipes/clutches and other Ascendancy Racing Gear!
__________________
Marcus P.
\\Speedzone USA//Savox USA\\Caster Racing Parts//
www.speedzoneusa.com. www.casterracingparts.com
smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:38 PM   #23
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 7,916
Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by janderson78 View Post
This is funny!!! Do you know how many drivers get paid to race? Maybe 1% of all RC Drivers make money doing it. Also they not only have to race but must of these guys work for the company during the week.

There are thousands of people every year that travel all over the contry to race on their own dime. Nathan and I were two of those people. What we are trying to do here is help support a expert level racer. This is not to pay an employee just to get the product out there in a place where it may not yet be seen. I think anyone considered should be greatful that they have 20 less things they have to pay for because this offer is for our full product line.
i know many drivers that get paid, i bet they dont think its funny!
__________________
D8 "HARA", OS SPEED, ,SAVOX 1267/68 SERVOS, BYRONS 25%, SPEKTRUM DX3R PRO
D8T GO GXII ,SAVOX 1267/68 SERVOS, BYRONS 25%, SPEKTRUM DX3R PRO
NMRCC -(northern michigan rc club)
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:39 PM   #24
Tech Elite
 
smokinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: MODESTO CA
Posts: 4,863
Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno13 View Post
i know many drivers that get paid, i bet they dont think its funny!
and i know many drivers who travel to las vegas and arizona to race who race on there own dime and they think this is a good deal!

i am one of them.
__________________
Marcus P.
\\Speedzone USA//Savox USA\\Caster Racing Parts//
www.speedzoneusa.com. www.casterracingparts.com
smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:44 PM   #25
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 7,916
Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinu View Post
and i know many drivers who travel to las vegas and arizona to race who race on there own dime and they think this is a good deal!

i am one of them.
your not that far away, i travel within 200 to 300 miles to, but do it for me, not tryin to promote someone else
__________________
D8 "HARA", OS SPEED, ,SAVOX 1267/68 SERVOS, BYRONS 25%, SPEKTRUM DX3R PRO
D8T GO GXII ,SAVOX 1267/68 SERVOS, BYRONS 25%, SPEKTRUM DX3R PRO
NMRCC -(northern michigan rc club)
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:05 PM   #26
Tech Elite
 
smokinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: MODESTO CA
Posts: 4,863
Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno13 View Post
your not that far away, i travel within 200 to 300 miles to, but do it for me, not tryin to promote someone else
las vegas is like 8-8.5 hours away.

the big southern cali tracks are between 4-6 hours away
From Modesto to Phoenix is 11-12 hours..
__________________
Marcus P.
\\Speedzone USA//Savox USA\\Caster Racing Parts//
www.speedzoneusa.com. www.casterracingparts.com
smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:48 PM   #27
Tech Regular
 
SoonerNate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
Posts: 399
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

You're beating a dead horse here guys. This isn't a paid position and we're not pretending it is, if anyone is looking for a paid position please go talk to the big boys, we don't have the resources for that. We keep prices low to our regular customers by keeping our costs low, not rocket science.

Now to really add some intrigue for those who enjoy surprises, we're inking a deal with a driver whose name you WILL know to run our clutches. Too early to say any name yet, but he's one of those guys who DOES make money driving RC cars. Think Worlds Finalist. Nate.
SoonerNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:55 AM   #28
Tech Elite
 
smokinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: MODESTO CA
Posts: 4,863
Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerNate View Post
You're beating a dead horse here guys. This isn't a paid position and we're not pretending it is, if anyone is looking for a paid position please go talk to the big boys, we don't have the resources for that. We keep prices low to our regular customers by keeping our costs low, not rocket science.

Now to really add some intrigue for those who enjoy surprises, we're inking a deal with a driver whose name you WILL know to run our clutches. Too early to say any name yet, but he's one of those guys who DOES make money driving RC cars. Think Worlds Finalist. Nate.
dead horse! no just telling the kid getting 2 engines/pipes is a pretty good deal!

trying to get the Ascendancy name out there.
__________________
Marcus P.
\\Speedzone USA//Savox USA\\Caster Racing Parts//
www.speedzoneusa.com. www.casterracingparts.com
smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:37 AM   #29
Tech Fanatic
 
J.Sears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Versailles KY
Posts: 837
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I would be very grateful just to get the ascendancy clutch set up for free. I use one now and love it. A good friend of mine Brian alderman turn me onto the ascendancy clutch. That's all he uses and has nothing but good things to say about them.
J.Sears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:51 AM   #30
Tech Regular
 
SoonerNate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
Posts: 399
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Brian's a great guy. Tell him I said hey.
SoonerNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The New Werks B5 .21 Racing Engine Werks Offroad Nitro Engine Forum 9300 03-27-2017 05:54 PM
The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan YDBD Track Locator Forum 2900 02-23-2014 05:29 PM
New Ascendancy Racing Effortless Racing Clutch janderson78 Offroad Nitro Engine Forum 879 03-06-2013 06:24 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:16 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net