Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aka or proline??????????

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 07:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

not to be off topic, but jc's foams are the bomb. All there tires hook when you get the right ones for your track. I ran subcultures and they where dialed. try some out you wont be mad.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i use AKA grooved foams in almost every single tire i have, buggy and truggy, thats some good foam.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DezSlash
Never checked the sizing before. But after running my buddies buggy with jc's i am hooked.
Originally Posted by jmaxey51
i use AKA grooved foams in almost every single tire i have, buggy and truggy, thats some good foam.
do you reuse the foam? once the foam gets broken in it preforms better.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by losi_racer
i could but i have been lazy and to busy to take old ones out, i have a bunch of tires i cut off to get the foams out, will be doing that soon. but foams are cheap enough that i have just been buying new so i dont have to worry about getting the old ones out.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Champion

i could but i have been lazy and to busy to take old ones out, i have a bunch of tires i cut off to get the foams out, will be doing that soon. but foams are cheap enough that i have just been buying new so i dont have to worry about getting the old ones out.
its not about cost with me, i think its more valuable if u drive losi to reuse foams
Old 10-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

GO GREEN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRxqU...eature=related
Old 10-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's whatever works best on that certain day. I use both. I refuse to use holeshots since i can't be buying a set of truggy tires every raceday. But they work.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

AKA.

I'll never buy Pro-Line premounts again. They have some of the worst premounted glue jobs ever. Just looking on the shelf at the LHS you can see beads poking out, etc.

I have also gotten a few sets of the hot Hot Bodies tires and been VERY impressed for how cheap they are ($30/four!).
Old 10-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I don't buy proline premounts anymore, quality control isn't the greatest. AKA on the other hand...
Old 10-14-2010, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

its not about cost with me, i think its more valuable if u drive losi to reuse foams
are you saying you have to save every penny when runing losi?
just messin

Originally Posted by hambone
It's whatever works best on that certain day. I use both. I refuse to use holeshots since i can't be buying a set of truggy tires every raceday. But they work.
have you tried HotBodies megabites or Panther Rapters? they are similar and work better IMO and last a heck of alot longer, especially HB ones... i stopped running holeshots for the same issue and switched to those and i have been very happy, run AKA grooved foams in them, ive experimented with foams in them and the grooved gives the best performance IMO
Old 10-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have reused the AKA's and from what i seen most people reuse the jc's as well. The ones i tried had reused foams.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Tech Champion

are you saying you have to save every penny when runing losi?
just messin

have you tried HotBodies megabites or Panther Rapters? they are similar and work better IMO and last a heck of alot longer, especially HB ones... i stopped running holeshots for the same issue and switched to those and i have been very happy, run AKA grooved foams in them, ive experimented with foams in them and the grooved gives the best performance IMO
ive tried many panther tires, i cant get them to last a run. i havent tired any hb stuff
Old 10-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

ive tried many panther tires, i cant get them to last a run. i havent tired any hb stuff
i have had some panther tires just go slick in spots after a 5 min qual and others lasted 4 races or so... HB will last a long time, i have a set with i bet 10 race days on them and they are still my go to tire.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Champion

i have had some panther tires just go slick in spots after a 5 min qual and others lasted 4 races or so... HB will last a long time, i have a set with i bet 10 race days on them and they are still my go to tire.
i have two full sets of ss grid irons, one had 3 7 min qual and the other has a 30 min main, the main was dryish. they look brand new still
Old 10-14-2010, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I love AKA tires, and foams. AKA foams that have been though a set of tires handle excellent. I havent tried the grooved foams yet as i get 3 and 4 uses per set of AKA foams. The Proline ribbed Blue foam last 1 use. JC foams are great too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.