R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-14-2010, 10:09 PM   #31
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Depends on the track for me. I like calibers but sometimes it's citiblocks sometimes it's a citi-beam combo sometimes gridirons sometimes sniper tires it all depends on what's hooking up.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:22 PM   #32
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
I prefer AKA. Proline is very inconsistent on foams.
Funny you mentioned I bought a full set PL for my E-truggy ran one lap in the a-main foam split call PL they wanted to see shoes they came back saying foam had a problem will give you another set but the wheels wont be for free long story short no problem bought another set of wheels and mounted and guess what same thing happened again.

Called PL again they wanted to see the shoes they call back saying the foam was backwards?? We will give you one pair with no wheels but since the set had two qualifiers didn't want uneven thread told him never mind if you cant do anything more keep the wheels never heard back.

Ive spent thousands on PL tires and wheels they just lost my confidence . Ive mounted, glues, and balanced many many sets never though I could turn a foam inside out then mount no reason??

AKA is TOP notch had one issue sent back they called back saying sorry and to pick any set which was awesome

Last edited by bigjayjay1; 10-15-2010 at 01:22 PM.
bigjayjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:25 AM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I like to have Cityblocks and Gridirons in both soft and medium from AKA, and Calibers, Holeshots and Bowties from PL in M2 and M3.

Don't forget JConcepts, which may have the best wear characteristics of them all.

I like to re-use wheels and inserts, and I find the AKA wheels to be a bit flimsy. Love the Losi wheels.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:00 AM   #34
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Try out the combination of AKA I-bams (Rear) Proline Crime fighters (front)! thas the bes combination I've ever try out!
Old 10-15-2010, 07:14 AM   #35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

As you can see from my signature I currently run proline. I have been recently testing other tires such as Aka's and J-concepts. Here are some of my findings. Both the aka and jc's have a superior foam , much more consistent and longer lasting. The finish of the tire is much more cleaner, zero to no flashing or excess rubber on the beads. These are are a few things I noticed immediatley. All the tires are very versatile in compounds and tread patterns. I am not complaining about proline as I still like there product but is was nice to not have to trim the tire beads any and all the foams were identical as far as I could see and feel. I have a variety of tires in my bag as you never know what is going to work better. If I were to switch to another brand exclusively it would be aka.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:19 AM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

great...another one of THESE threads.....

******* DialedSetups.com ****** Check it out!!!!!
punkracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:46 AM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

i run proline tires alot with aka foam standard and the three rib foam for loamy or rutted tracks seems to let tire flex enough to get down to the good stuff and grab better jc tires are not around much wherei run so have never tried them i think that aka tires wear better but proline has better tread designs
jewn_beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:21 AM   #38
Tech Addict

You guys should really try a set of Sweep Racing's buggy tires, they are awesome! Excellent rubber compounds and wear, plus grooved foams make them really hook up on most surfaces. As a tire company they've been around forever and they are King when it comes to on-road tires...they've now entered the world of off-road racing and their knowledge and experience translates ver well producing some excellent products! Their truggy tires should be available very soon, hopefully by November 1st. I can't wait!!
Team RcRenew...visit us at rcrenew.com!
Triton RC Alpha Plus Engines
rcgeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:39 AM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgeezer View Post
You guys should really try a set of Sweep Racing's buggy tires, they are awesome! Excellent rubber compounds and wear, plus grooved foams make them really hook up on most surfaces. As a tire company they've been around forever and they are King when it comes to on-road tires...they've now entered the world of off-road racing and their knowledge and experience translates ver well producing some excellent products! Their truggy tires should be available very soon, hopefully by November 1st. I can't wait!!
+1, but the foams dont last as long as AKA foams but their great, i have been running them on buggy and they have been great.
Mugen MBX7 Eco / LRP / Airtronics M11x
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:12 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
are you saying you have to save every penny when runing losi?
just messin

have you tried HotBodies megabites or Panther Rapters? they are similar and work better IMO and last a heck of alot longer, especially HB ones... i stopped running holeshots for the same issue and switched to those and i have been very happy, run AKA grooved foams in them, ive experimented with foams in them and the grooved gives the best performance IMO
I've seen the HB tires on A Main and yes i used raptors indoors last winter. Forgot abt panthers, don't see them much during the summer. Used switch's also indoors.
Answer-RC/TLR/Futaba
Snow Monkey Racing
hambone is offline   Reply With Quote