R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-14-2010, 04:18 PM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Man. macro mode shows every speck of dirt don't it?? Cars look clean to the naked eye LOL. First pic shows the TRS. You can see it's low on the carb so it's not pulling up on the slide. Second pic shows the shaved diff mount. Actually off my buggy, had to cut it back pretty far to get the Extech carb positioned the way I wanted. You want the servo to pull the slide out as straight as possible. Also, and you probably know this, if it says to use spacers for your servo, then use them. Keeps the chassis from hitting the servo case when it flexes.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone still competetive with an 8T 1.0?-8ight-carbanddiffmount-002.jpg   Anyone still competetive with an 8T 1.0?-8ight-carbanddiffmount-003.jpg  
Old 10-14-2010, 04:37 PM   #32
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjtamu View Post
Man. macro mode shows every speck of dirt don't it?? Cars look clean to the naked eye LOL. First pic shows the TRS. You can see it's low on the carb so it's not pulling up on the slide. Second pic shows the shaved diff mount. Actually off my buggy, had to cut it back pretty far to get the Extech carb positioned the way I wanted. You want the servo to pull the slide out as straight as possible. Also, and you probably know this, if it says to use spacers for your servo, then use them. Keeps the chassis from hitting the servo case when it flexes.

thanks man i do that position for the carb to pull straighter and i think i can shave more.. off the center mount but only on the left side so i can have the carb mounted straighter.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:40 PM   #33
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

great pics.. that is close! checked my buggy and definitely could get it straighter with a little dremel'ing.
melonpeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:59 PM   #34
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

you can buy the 2.0 radio tray and put it in your 1.0, also make sure the stone guard where it mounts to the chassis has clearance around the throttle servo, and make sure its spaced up enough that there is no way the chassis is going to make contact with the bottom of the servo. Leave the screws a tad loose on the battery box with the o-ring on it.
drewmugx5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:51 PM   #35
Tech Regular

Thanks for all the tips, it seems to be pretty dialed now.

The throttle servo has a hair less than 1/8" gap between it and the chassis.. is this enough? I'm using the rubber bushings on the servo tabs w/kings head stiffener, no spacers, JR9000s servo.

I had to grind the crap out of the center mount.

Old 10-17-2010, 02:10 PM   #36
Tech Master

Nice looking truck. Looks kind of familiar though LOL. I think most of the JR servos fit without spacers, but check the book. You don't leave a real large gap at the bottom, just enough so the case doesn't get hit when chassis flexes. Just be sure that when your throttle is at WOT you can still pull the slide 1 mm or a little more.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone still competetive with an 8T 1.0?-8ight-t-003-sized.jpg  
Old 10-18-2010, 12:14 PM   #37
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Still running my 1.0...

lowcountrytj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:18 PM   #38
Tech Regular

Nice truck!!! What color blue is that? I wanted that color instead of black but the my LHS didn't have it. Just painted it tonight... It's ready to go but I don't want to put a drop of fuel in it!!! lol

Old 10-18-2010, 09:24 PM   #39
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by melonpeel View Post
Nice truck!!! What color blue is that? I wanted that color instead of black but the my LHS didn't have it. Just painted it tonight... It's ready to go but I don't want to put a drop of fuel in it!!! lol

nice i will try to post my 1.0 t on this tread tommrow i had to clean it i have the same body as you accept its has 2 cracks on both sides of the rear lol.

i placed third in my a main truggy class yesterday with the same laps as the 2nd place guy and 1st. so its competive for sportsman racing you have to drive it somewhat hard to keep up with the 2.0 t .

i seen you have the alum steering bellcranks im curious if that gets that darn steering slop out ?

if you want to rear to rotate the best the a hole on the rear hub with #4 on the camber link holes on the tower works real good.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:31 PM   #40
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
if you want to rear to rotate the best the a hole on the rear hub with #4 on the camber link holes on the tower works real good.
Thanks for the reminder!!! I totally forgot to set the correct camber and toe.

I'll let you know those bell cranks work out. It's got the typical losi hub slop but the rest is smooth as butter for now because it still new.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:36 PM   #41
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by melonpeel View Post
Thanks for the reminder!!! I totally forgot to set a decent camber and toe.

1 degree - in the front and 2- in the rear works good for the toe in the front more than 1 degree toe out because you wont get enough steering throw i know lol. and also put the bumpsteer down to smooth the twich out of the steering

i will post my 1.0 t on here tommrow if it works on here.

oh yea when you race with it check the outer rear hinge pins on the rear because thry will bend !
Old 10-18-2010, 10:58 PM   #42
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks melonpeel ...its simple and was my first paint job.
Man,your truck looks awesome. I really like the fade. I like the black on it better. It just looks good with those colors.... I will get the color for you.

Last edited by lowcountrytj; 10-18-2010 at 11:01 PM. Reason: ...
lowcountrytj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:33 AM   #43
Tech Master

Truck looks good melonpeel. Just like the buggy, for base setup I like the Truhe 2007 (Dirt Nitro Challenge I think?). TC5, you can reduce slop by going to the M2C Ackerman plates or by running the 2.0 Ackerman plates.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:40 AM   #44
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjtamu View Post
Truck looks good melonpeel. Just like the buggy, for base setup I like the Truhe 2007 (Dirt Nitro Challenge I think?). TC5, you can reduce slop by going to the M2C Ackerman plates or by running the 2.0 Ackerman plates.

i use the 2.0 ackerman plate i think its because my steering saver spring has weekend its sloppy on the right side of the steering even though everything is tight and i replaced the steering bellcranks.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:24 AM   #45
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default loso 1.0

i felt more competitive with my 1.0 because they fit my driving better. the 2.0 seems less forgiving to my style of driving, but havent been racing them too long. love to see the 1.0 run with the 2.0s!
delane74 is offline   Reply With Quote