Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 Worlds ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Tech Addict

Default 2010 Worlds ?'s

Can someone explain the Worlds program? Seems like there is a lot of practice being allowed that I did not remember from 2008. Even the Nitro Pit only allows controlled practice. Did something change this year? When does the event actually begin?

I am dissapointed with the venue Looks like a toy car race at Sesame Streets slums THIS IS THE WORLDS!!! I am just amazed this is the best place IFMAR could come up with? This is not helping our sport.

I can see showing the DVD to a potential racer someday and watching the look on their facing thinking "uhhhhh.....this is the Worlds??? I can wait to see a local track??? Maybe I will stick to airplanes, atleast our flying field does not look like a junk yard.

Am I the only one here thinking this??
Old 10-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Must admit that I'm disappointed. A track with a bunch of rugs thrown around. At one point, I heard that the drivers were complaining that some were not secured well and were coming up. And how come there is not a bunch of UTube videos showing the practice? I mean, trying to watch coverage on LiveRC is a joke. Small postage stamp picture. I have high speed cable, but the picture is jerky as heck.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yeah on the surface the place looks a little......shall we say....unsavory?!

I don't have a problem with the amount of practice being allowed. Think of how much practice F1 teams get on tracks leading up to the season. The more they practice, the more the cream will truly rise to the top and minimize the chances that some "local yokel" is crowned King of our hobby.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

IFMAR's slum dog millionaire track.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

It will be in another country next time..... At least people are there.

No one went over to the last big race in South Africa.

I might have had a shot at the a main...
Old 10-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroexpress
Must admit that I'm disappointed. A track with a bunch of rugs thrown around. At one point, I heard that the drivers were complaining that some were not secured well and were coming up. And how come there is not a bunch of UTube videos showing the practice? I mean, trying to watch coverage on LiveRC is a joke. Small postage stamp picture. I have high speed cable, but the picture is jerky as heck.

Oh there's video....and something happened with the feed from LiveRc, the First night they started to broadcast the picture was HD cam quality BEST ive EVER seen from liverc, I dont know if something is wrong on our end or their end, but the quality has gone down hill since that first practice session.

Tebo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo_0y...layer_embedded

Pavidas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=jwPMFnP4ykM

Drake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=stx85BfsRlU
Old 10-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by hakmazter
It will be in another country next time..... At least people are there.

No one went over to the last big race in South Africa.

I might have had a shot at the a main...
not with a caster.....lol...jk
Old 10-11-2010, 06:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
Oh there's video....and something happened with the feed from LiveRc, the First night they started to broadcast the picture was HD cam quality BEST ive EVER seen from liverc, I dont know if something is wrong on our end or their end, but the quality has gone down hill since that first practice session.

Tebo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo_0y...layer_embedded

Pavidas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=jwPMFnP4ykM

Drake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=stx85BfsRlU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDUWomyV3Go
Old 10-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
IFMAR's slum dog millionaire track.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

I am just assuming here that all of you have never been to the track and are simply going off the videos which have been posted?

Now considering that the Worlds is actually in a couple of weeks....and that they are closing the track for two weeks to prepare it for the Worlds, do you honestly think that they will leave the track in the state that it is in?

I have raced at the facility twice now and it is honestly the most professional and well organised facility I have ever been to. Let me list a few things:

Resturant at the track
Paid marshals
Large undercover pit areas
Resort next door
Organised transport to and from the track
Massive drivers stand
Large flat screen monitors evereywhere to view timing
Grandstands
Finally an amazing track which is prepared perfectly

Why judge a facility from a few crap 320p You tube videos....

Go and get a Passport and go and have look for yourself....
Old 10-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Take it easy guys, after all this is the worlds. If you a look at the tracks all over the world, there is a lot a variances in time taken on the track to complete a lap and types of surface, this has to cater for all. As far as I am aware the practice is open to anyone at the moment up until 2 weeks prior to the worlds when it will be shut during which time I am sure more maintenance and work will be done. I am sure the track will be holding club races etc between now and 2 weeks prior, its just the worlds are going to be hotly contested and everyone appears to be there to practice. From reports of those that went to the pre-Worlds the track is quite different now, the facilities are top notch and everyone there is very welcoming and helpful. They have put a lot of money into the track and facilities for this and I have no doubt it well be one of best organised and ran Worlds events ever. I too am not a fan of the carpet but its quite normal to see it in Europe and who knows, it might not be on the track for the actual worlds, they have only just completed the track update and it serves to hold the moisture into the clay and hold it all together. I also don't seem to see as much oil on the track as at the pre-worlds so maybe it wont be so harsh on cars and different tire selection will come in to play. There is still time between now and the worlds for a lot of things to change and those that can afford to get over for a practice and get the layout down pat, good luck to them. Hara has been practicing there for months when it was open, so has the likes of Savoya.

Have fun guys

Edit: you beat me to it Zac, we must have been writing the same thing at the same time LOL

Last edited by Mauve; 10-11-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Default Wow

The track looks pretty awesome to me. I just watched one of the you tube videos posted above, thank you by the way, and the track flows really well, and the carpet is just another variable to make it interesting, and keeps the jumps nice and smooth over time.....

I'd freakin race on it.....
Old 10-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by ZacR
I am just assuming here that all of you have never been to the track and are simply going off the videos which have been posted?

Now considering that the Worlds is actually in a couple of weeks....and that they are closing the track for two weeks to prepare it for the Worlds, do you honestly think that they will leave the track in the state that it is in?

I have raced at the facility twice now and it is honestly the most professional and well organised facility I have ever been to. Let me list a few things:

Resturant at the track
Paid marshals
Large undercover pit areas
Resort next door
Organised transport to and from the track
Massive drivers stand
Large flat screen monitors evereywhere to view timing
Grandstands
Finally an amazing track which is prepared perfectly

Makes me want to race there. Sounds like a great place to race.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

i think it looks great in them videos. So what if there is a little carpet.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ZacR

Many thousands of people want to follow the practices and the race. Bad coverage is bad marketing. Manufacturers want to sell product and they want exposure. True, crap 320p video doesn't cut it. BTW, I heard that at the last worlds, there really wasn't much of a viewing area for spectators. I don't expect it to be any different this time. So I won't be stupid enough to take my passport to tin buck two.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.