R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-11-2010, 07:14 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodcpierce View Post
i think it looks great in them videos. So what if there is a little carpet.
Sorry, I do not care if it was in 1080....the track does not look good nor does it flow at all. Watch the vids, they are constantly land in the flats. I am still dissapointed, I do need to get a passport to change my mind and some of the drivers that are there have said it also.
SPEEDSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:22 PM   #17
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI View Post
Sorry, I do not care if it was in 1080....the track does not look good nor does it flow at all. Watch the vids, they are constantly land in the flats. I am still dissapointed, I do need to get a passport to change my mind and some of the drivers that are there have said it also.
+1, and i think the junk yard tires they have there where mine from my 1984 s-10 i had way back when! only thing i like is "resturant on premises":
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:34 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Well

To each his own. Not a big deal really.

The one thing I've noticed over the years about off road worlds 1/10th and 1/8th is the diversity of the locations, and the tracks. Different dirt, landscape, country, it's all to make the racing an experience, and fair to all that race in it.

I remember one time the race was in Australia. It was too cool. It was out on a savanah and from the pictures it was awesome. There were not any you tube videos and the magazines were our only way to see what happened other than a video for sale later on.

I do see that the coverage is a bit secret in a way, I would think that it would be easier to access the coverage in 2010. After all the exposure of events like this have the potential to help the hobby grow....

But the track looks great in my opinion.....
Old 10-11-2010, 07:39 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (98%+)

I cannot say that I like where the worlds are being held. But, It is what it is. Everyone has to run on the same track. So far, The Losi and HB guys seem to be the most consistant lap time wise. Easton is also looking consistant as well.

Vision Racing Products (VRP)- www.visionracingproducts.com
"Smiley" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:40 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Guys,

This is offroad buggy racing, being rough, uneven and un-rhythmical add even greater challenge to driver skills, patience and consistency...

If one want to watch some nice and smooth racing, perhaps one should start looking at on road touring or even drifting?

If you're in control, you're not driving it fast enough!

XRAY / NOVAROSSI / SANWA / AKA TIRES / BYRON FUEL
ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:42 PM   #21
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by merdith6 View Post
To each his own. Not a big deal really.

The one thing I've noticed over the years about off road worlds 1/10th and 1/8th is the diversity of the locations, and the tracks. Different dirt, landscape, country, it's all to make the racing an experience, and fair to all that race in it.

I remember one time the race was in Australia. It was too cool. It was out on a savanah and from the pictures it was awesome. There were not any you tube videos and the magazines were our only way to see what happened other than a video for sale later on.

I do see that the coverage is a bit secret in a way, I would think that it would be easier to access the coverage in 2010. After all the exposure of events like this have the potential to help the hobby grow....

But the track looks great in my opinion.....
heck no, i would race at any track with a resturant on premises....lol, i see they use ROCKS instead of using all pipe guard, is that rock??? how do they decide where he worlds is going to take place???
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:52 PM   #22
Tech Regular

http://www.ifmar.org/pages/rotation_page.html

Worlds are held every 2 years and rotated per each division or block of the IFMAR, then a facility will then essential sell why their track should hold the worlds and the IFMAR decides on which track to use. The IFMAR decided this time the Pattaya was going to put on the best effort, facilities and track of those that put their hand up in the FEMCA block. FEMCA ecompasses Asia and Oceania, next up is the FAMAR (middle east block) in 2012-2013. Never know, the Kuwaities my get the next Worlds, then its Europe, then America in 2016.
Mauve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:03 PM   #23
Tech Master

I thought FAMAR is South American no? Kuwait is under FEMCA...

If you're in control, you're not driving it fast enough!

XRAY / NOVAROSSI / SANWA / AKA TIRES / BYRON FUEL
ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:15 PM   #24
Tech Regular

Yep, your right, FAMAR is essentially South America and Kuwait and middle east does come under FEMCA, my appologies. That will teach me for writing from memory and not double checking facts before posting, wont happen again.

Feeling a touch bad now as I shouldn't have forgotten South America as I have friends in Puru and Venezuala
Mauve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #25
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauve View Post
Yep, your right, FAMAR is essentially South America and Kuwait and middle east does come under FEMCA, my appologies. That will teach me for writing from memory and not double checking facts before posting, wont happen again.
No problem, I would like to thank you for the IFMAR link. I downloaded their Rule Book, very interesting read! Definitely a "Must Read" for all the racers out there competing in world class events.