Default Vote STEVE POND for ROAR President

VOTE STEVE POND for ROAR PRESIDENT

http://www.roarracing.com/?p=747

You can also follow Steve on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/g...46324795410340
Old 10-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I would like to voice my opinion on the Roar president. I can tell you that there are Onroad people running and there is a person running that is a racer/person in the industry. What I mean by (Person in the industry) is. One that isn't biased on just one class in Radio Control cars. Meaning that he will look at all the classes in RC and do what is best for those classes and not cater to one or the other. So for all your OFFROAD and ONROAD Roar needs.
MY VOTE GOES TO STEVE POND Who will look at every class and not cater to one more than the other!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the support Tony. I think the other guys that are running will give due consideration to other classes. I'd like to think that my experience is a little more well rounded, but we're all RC geeks, and I hope to be able to lend my experience and give something back to RC. I still dig it after all these years. ;o)
Old 10-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Tech Addict

I 2nd Steve pond for Roar President
Old 10-06-2010, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Where do you stand on cab forward bodies...

I only ask because this was on of the most stupid rules created.. seeing as though no one said anything when losi and gs started it. I think the ruling was made by personal preference not by doing what's best to keep the hobby moving forward.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

How do I renew my membership online,I don't see it on their website..
Old 10-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Timmo
How do I renew my membership online,I don't see it on their website..
http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=20
Old 10-07-2010, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

I vote for Steve Pond for ROAR President. And me as his security
Old 10-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Is Steve Pond gonna get rid of all the useless BS rules ROAR's been dreaming up recently? I think that's the real question. If so, he'll get a lot of votes.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hopefully he addresses these questions posed above
Old 10-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default i voted

I voted for him, I would prefer someone with off road back ground dictating our off road races.

You guys should keep that in mind, then we can bitch about what ever we want next year since we voted
Old 10-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Already voted and my selection was Steve.

Not because I know him, because I did some digging and asking and reading (dare I say) and his over all knowledge of this industry is the reason he got my vote.

So when you do vote for Steve make sure you chose your even numbered Regional Director as well and if you are in Nevada, California or Hawaii I ask for your vote as Region 12 Director.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Lets keep this thread active... Please vote... Voting ends 10/31 but don't hesitate, go get it done!! Vote for Steve Pond!
Old 10-12-2010, 03:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by t8rtot
Where do you stand on cab forward bodies...

I only ask because this was on of the most stupid rules created.. seeing as though no one said anything when losi and gs started it. I think the ruling was made by personal preference not by doing what's best to keep the hobby moving forward.
I doubt Steve will address this issue here, but I will tell you that something has to be done. There needs to be a specification in place in order to keep the cars looking like real off-road racing buggies, otherwise the class will suffer and the hobby in general will be effected by this. It's very short sighted to think an "anything goes" approach to lexan bodies is ok. New people coming into the hobby need to see something that looks familiar, and racing rules need to be in place to control these things. That's what the rules are for, to limit the dimensions and performance of the cars, so there of course should be something done about this. It's just gotten out of control... my 2 cents

It's a difficult subject right now with some of these "space ship" looking bodies, but I know Steve and the committee members will handle it properly...
Old 10-12-2010, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

I'm sorry, I know this may not be the place to do so, but I do not agree. I wish to show no disrespect, but you cannot show 1 real car that a newbe will be able to relate to 1/8th offroad.. nothing is scale except size.. its unrealistic to ask that we keep them real looking.. no one complains as tire sizes gets bigger, or with the huge wings hanging off of the back. The hobby is evolving, bodies are jus like everything else: mid-motored 2wd buggies, belt drive 4wd buggies, larger then scale wheel/tire sizes, brushless motors, lipo batteries.. as the need for preformance increased everything changes.. the newer cars you see on a car lot don't look like Model-Ts or even like they did 10 yrs ago, the newer buggies now won't look like they did 10 yrs ago either.. I don't think a newbe will be turned off of the hobby because of the body, as nothing else looks real anyways.. if so, maybe they need to do something different. ..

Oh and ROAR cannot control the body debate, with only 1 large race a year they don't have much authority. I don't think any track will refuse a racer because of the body he's running either. They need to understand how limited some of their controls are. They setup a guideline for racers across the country but they do not control the hobby, market, tracks, or the consumers. That's where the miscommunication comes from. Oh and they don't seem to like Proline..losi added the cab forward body and larger wheels and roar said ok, proline does the same and roar comes down... hmm

Sorry for the long post

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.