Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

That is the rumor, if it's new it has to make you faster right? lol
Old 10-06-2010, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by janderson78
Is there a new radio coming out?
The new controller is coming. I saw one over 2 months ago,factory driver was using it. Has the option to lower the wheel down as well,like the 3pk and some nice other options.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Love my radio, will not sale.. never had an issue with it.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I sold mine to get a KO, much better radio
Old 10-06-2010, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (97%+)

i heard the futaba 2.4 radios are over powering the spectrum one place wont allow the 4pk here in sacramento
Old 10-06-2010, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

why wont they allow the 4pk it is just like the rest of the 2.4 stuff
Old 10-06-2010, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jewn_beef
why wont they allow the 4pk it is just like the rest of the 2.4 stuff
it was over powering the spektrum radios and making them glitch the 4pk for some reason has a very very strong signal, i also heard that the boat guys are switching to the futaba cause the spektrum signal was bouncing off the water or something ,like i said its what i hear i have no solid facts
Old 10-06-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pickle311
I sold mine to get a KO, much better radio
+1 on the ko radio. I did the same thing earlier this year when the eurus came out. I sold the dx3r and went ko. It was expensive because i needed 6 receivers but I love my ko radio.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

No problems with my DX3S except for the trim tabs don't work well. I need to send it in.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Frank L
+1 on the ko radio. I did the same thing earlier this year when the eurus came out. I sold the dx3r and went ko. It was expensive because i needed 6 receivers but I love my ko radio.
hey frank its lydon u going to make it to rescue on the 31st for the haloween blast
Old 10-06-2010, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by newuserlosi8t
it was over powering the spektrum radios and making them glitch the 4pk for some reason has a very very strong signal, i also heard that the boat guys are switching to the futaba cause the spektrum signal was bouncing off the water or something ,like i said its what i hear i have no solid facts
I believe this particular problem has already been resolved.

The biggest problem, which we saw it over a year ago... (I could be wrong on some of this, but this is what I heard from some rather important people)

Futaba's 2.4 system uses a variable signal that always changes. It's their way to make sure the tx/rx constantly has signal.

Spektrum's system locks onto 2 channels available. One primary, one secondary.

I think the Futaba system, while switching channels, would somehow lock onto what the Skeptrum was already using... hence causing interference. At least that's what I heard quite a while ago.

I race with a lot of friends that have 4pk radios and never had an issue with my DX3Rs.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Yep, the Eurus is great. I raced with it for the first time this past weekend and had my best results to date.

There were a couple of reasons I switched, main one being I tried my friends Eurus and fell in love with it. I've also been paying attention at the big races and made an interesting observation. None of the really fast guys are running Spektrum radios. I mainly see KO, Airtonics, and Futaba. You see a ton of Spektrum radios in the sportsman classes, but they are gone in the expert classes.
I'm one that generally doesn't see a group running a brand and think it's better. If you had a A main with all Losi cars, I still wouldn't be convinced that the Losi was better than any other brand. But this is a little different for me. I don't see a single brand radio dominating, I simply see the absence of a particular brand at the higher level of racing. There has to be a real reason for this considering the fact that the DX3R is a good radio and is also much cheaper than the M11X, Eurus, and 4PK.

Now I know there's some experts, and some wannabe experts, that will pop up saying they use the DX3R and beat people with other brand radios on a daily basis. So did I, that doesn't mean jack. I'm just saying, pay attention at the next decent size race in your area. Look at the drivers stand during the expert A mains and count how many Spektrum radios you see and you'll be surprised at how few there are.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by schreff
I believe this particular problem has already been resolved.

The biggest problem, which we saw it over a year ago... (I could be wrong on some of this, but this is what I heard from some rather important people)

Futaba's 2.4 system uses a variable signal that always changes. It's their way to make sure the tx/rx constantly has signal.

Spektrum's system locks onto 2 channels available. One primary, one secondary.

I think the Futaba system, while switching channels, would somehow lock onto what the Skeptrum was already using... hence causing interference. At least that's what I heard quite a while ago.

I race with a lot of friends that have 4pk radios and never had an issue with my DX3Rs.
yep, that was with dsm 1 and the first FASST systems
DSM 2 is fine as are all new FASST systems.
I race with drivers using both every weekend, neither has any issues
Old 10-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pickle311
Yep, the Eurus is great. I raced with it for the first time this past weekend and had my best results to date.

There were a couple of reasons I switched, main one being I tried my friends Eurus and fell in love with it. I've also been paying attention at the big races and made an interesting observation. None of the really fast guys are running Spektrum radios. I mainly see KO, Airtonics, and Futaba. You see a ton of Spektrum radios in the sportsman classes, but they are gone in the expert classes.
I'm one that generally doesn't see a group running a brand and think it's better. If you had a A main with all Losi cars, I still wouldn't be convinced that the Losi was better than any other brand. But this is a little different for me. I don't see a single brand radio dominating, I simply see the absence of a particular brand at the higher level of racing. There has to be a real reason for this considering the fact that the DX3R is a good radio and is also much cheaper than the M11X, Eurus, and 4PK.

Now I know there's some experts, and some wannabe experts, that will pop up saying they use the DX3R and beat people with other brand radios on a daily basis. So did I, that doesn't mean jack. I'm just saying, pay attention at the next decent size race in your area. Look at the drivers stand during the expert A mains and count how many Spektrum radios you see and you'll be surprised at how few there are.
Drake is still running his DX3r (or some version of it)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.