R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-05-2010, 03:05 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Default Equivalent to Proline

Ive been running Proline now for a while and switching over to Jconcept for next season. My problem however is that noone at my local track are running Jconcept and I have no idea where the different tires are used in what conditions so I turn to you guys!
The tires that I found worked the best on my track has been either the Revolver tire when its been drier, or the Crime Fighter. The Crime Fighter has always worked well, the only downside has been EXTREME wear.

So my question is. Is there any base rule for what tires good for what condition, and whats the Jconcept equivalent to the Proline CrimeFighter aka Revolver and Caliber?
TLR 22 Toro 9.0kv Futaba BLS451
Futaba 4PK
Lilja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:15 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So far my favorite tire is the Subclture, they have been very consistant on loose, loamy and hard-loose dirt. The wear has been outstanding, if hard packed then go to Double D's or 7's. The Sub's are e-quiv. to Calibers and D's are like Holeshots and Bowties just right in the middle, I think the 7's are more of a Holeshot.
-R2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:03 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Thanks, yea it looks like Ill stack up on Subs during the winter then, and get a few of the others aswell to try.

Its funny that when you go to Jconcepts homepage and look at the tires and read up on them they all say they work in most conditions all tires works in all conditions.... so why are they making different threads one might wonder
TLR 22 Toro 9.0kv Futaba BLS451
Futaba 4PK
Lilja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:32 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to CJ Weaver

Subcultures are good for when it is dusty and are actually pretty good when it is wet for some reason. They are really edgy so aren't the best choice for a rutted track. Pro-Line doesn't have a tire like this, it is similar to a city block though.

Crossbows and Crowbars feel very similar to each other. The Crowbar looks like a Crimefighter and the Crossbows have a similar pattern to the Bowtie. Both of these tires are good for dusty and hard packed conditions. These will feel similar to a Bowtie/Crimefighter.

Sevens and DDs are awesome on a hard packed/grooved track/high bite. These will feel similar to a Holeshot/Inside Job.

Crosshairs are one of my favorite tires, and I suppose the Hitmen would fall into this category. These are your all-purpose tires for the most part. They usually work all the time, not always the fastest, but definitely safe. They don't feel like any Pro-Line tire, but since it is a safe tire, I guess you could compare it to Calibers/Revolvers.

Barcodes are good for blue groove tracks, but I have found that they work well indoor on very high bite clay tracks. Pro-Line just brought out their 1/8 Suburbs which is pretty much what this is.

Goosebumps work when it is loose and loamy, but really don't work anywhere else. Pro-Line has nothing even close to this

That should give you an idea of what to expect and what you should think about ordering.
CJ Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:12 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

HUGE JConcepts fan here, both with their top notch products, but their service to RaceMugen has been EXEMPLARY! They custom make us premounts and do a fantastic job on them.
Great tires, their Crosshairs and Sevens for Truggy are A+++
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:30 AM   #6
Tech Adept

Subcultures are good on just about any surface. Hard packed, loamy, dusty and even muddy.

Crowbars are really similar to the Crimefighter. They don't have a crazy amount of sidebite like the crimefighter do but they give you just enough to get around the track with no problems.

Crossbows have to be my favorite tire. Great all around tire also
Old 10-06-2010, 06:56 AM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The SubC is a great tire, very similar to a Caliber, but not as "locekd in" so it is atually a fast tire. In a hard/wet type condition where you would find yourself going to a holeshot/Double D type tire, I still seem to end up running the SubC, and you dont have to worry so much if you get into the marbles.

I have almost cut myself down to two tires that I carry, the Sub Cs and a Mini-Pin (Holeshot, Gridiron, DoubleD, etc....)

The JC Blue compound is a very good rubber, it has the grip of M3, but wears like M2. They do have a Green compound which looks like it has more grip than even a M4!

I personally have not tried the 7s, but a friend of mine (SkarTisu on the R/C Tech Forums) is a driver for them, and I have seem him test the 7s and on a hard pack with light dust they seemed to work great.

Tip on the Foams, JC has 2 different "blue" foams, a light blue and dark blue. The Dark/Heavy ones are the ones you want, much like a AKA foam. The light blue ones are like the older ProLine grey.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:57 AM   #8
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

try out the Dynamite Hot Laps "Podiums" 1/8 Mounted Buggy Tires: White (2)
[DYN7984] exelent tires for practice an half price!!! try it out!
Old 10-06-2010, 07:31 AM   #9
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Proline - JConcepts
Crimefighter - Crowbar
Bowtie - Crossbow
Holeshot - Double Dee
Caliber - Sub Culture