R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-05-2010, 05:01 AM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Which Buggy and Truggy?

I am thinking of switching Brands and not really sure what to go with.
I am thinking RC8B/RC8T CE, Xray 808 2010/XT8, Serpent S811, JQ Buggy, Kyosho MP9 TKI/TKI2, Kyosho ST-RR, and maybe the Mugen Buggy and Truggy.
Do not even say Losi cause I am not interested, there are too many at the track as it is. I wanna be different, and a Leader, Not a follower.

Parts avaliability would be a PITA no matter what I get as I cannot even walk into any LHS and get a parts for my current vehicles.
Money for parts is also extremely limited as my income is less than 10k a year.
Race Vehicles-SC8 w/ GRP .28 Tuned,RC8T FT-Reedy VR 121 .21, 2035 pipe, RC8B-Reedy .21
http://www.jerrysrcraceway.com/

Last edited by mgtmadness2007; 10-05-2010 at 06:21 AM.
mgtmadness2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:04 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

By follower did you mean finish?

Just kidding, all the cars you listed are good, I personally am looking forward to going with JQ for buggy and Losi for truggy.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:09 AM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I dont see Hot Bodies on your list ?
Old 10-05-2010, 05:15 AM   #4
Tech Fanatic

HB are kinda interesting.
Race Vehicles-SC8 w/ GRP .28 Tuned,RC8T FT-Reedy VR 121 .21, 2035 pipe, RC8B-Reedy .21
Old 10-05-2010, 05:20 AM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Z View Post
By follower did you mean finish?

Just kidding, all the cars you listed are good, I personally am looking forward to going with JQ for buggy and Losi for truggy.
I mean out of 5 buggies racing qualify and main 5 were losi's.(electric won main buggy and truggy)
The one guy with the RC8 was not there.
I ran my RC8T FT(old version) against them guys 3 losi's and ended up 2 laps down cause of flame out and last place in qualifying round.
Didnt make a main (forfit) cause kids had to be home at 4 and I left before buggy and truggy main(15 minute mains)( takes about an hour to get them there, then about 1 hour back) so I didnt get back till almost 5 pm.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:35 AM   #6
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Then Mugen MBX6 and MBX6T are what you looking for...!
manuelargentina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:46 AM   #7
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgtmadness2007 View Post
I mean out of 5 buggies racing qualify and main 5 were losi's.(electric won main buggy and truggy)
The one guy with the RC8 was not there.
I ran my RC8T FT(old version) against them guys 3 losi's and ended up 2 laps down cause of flame out and last place in qualifying round.
Didnt make a main (forfit) cause kids had to be home at 4 and I left before buggy and truggy main(15 minute mains)( takes about an hour to get them there, then about 1 hour back) so I didnt get back till almost 5 pm.
If I was in your situation I would run Losi. Not because of how good they are but because of the parts and advice availabilty you have. When you have a problem or need a part it sounds like you would have a bunch of people to go to.

Instead if you ran something else and break it could ruin the day of racing. Your call but all of the vehicles you listed can be contenders no doubt at all.(minus the hot bodies) Don't listen to the fan boys go with what you want to try. I personally would stay away from Hot Bodies unless you were on a tight budjet. Don't get me wrong, great vehicles for the price, but not in the same ball park as the other vehicles you listed. (please dont start hb fan boys) But I would give Losi a good look because of the locals you have there running them.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:47 AM   #8
Tech Fanatic

Also can you please list anything problematic with any you may mention.
Like the Xray is the diff bearings, Serpent is radio tray/servo, HB is slop,kyosho is price and what ever else, Mugen is ???, JQ is ???, Associated is slop in plastics(just not as bad as Losi or HB), The tank is my rc8T is great.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:56 AM   #9
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
If I was in your situation I would run Losi. Not because of how good they are but because of the parts and advice availabilty you have. When you have a problem or need a part it sounds like you would have a bunch of people to go to.

Instead if you ran something else and break it could ruin the day of racing. Your call but all of the vehicles you listed can be contenders no doubt at all.(minus the hot bodies) Don't listen to the fan boys go with what you want to try. I personally would stay away from Hot Bodies unless you were on a tight budjet. Don't get me wrong, great vehicles for the price, but not in the same ball park as the other vehicles you listed. (please dont start hb fan boys) But I would give Losi a good look because of the locals you have there running them.
I would rather not run a Losi, Just because everyone else is.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:27 AM   #10
Tech Elite

Quote:

Its in the same park - I could have sworne that it was the current world champion, and it has a good shot at winning again this year, yes it has its problems but they all do.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:33 AM   #11
Tech Adept

Any brand out there is a good one, you just need to know how to drive whichever you buy.

I personally run the RC8B and RC8T, and I absolutely love them. They fit my driving style really well and hold up a lot better than any Losi I had driven.

If your running the RC8T now just get the CE and be done with it. It's hands down a great truck.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:36 AM   #12
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=Andy Z;8027942]If I was in your situation I would run Losi. Not because of how good they are but because of the parts and advice availabilty you have. When you have a problem or need a part it sounds like you would have a bunch of people to go to.

Instead if you ran something else and break it could ruin the day of racing. Your call but all of the vehicles you listed can be contenders no doubt at all.(minus the hot bodies) Don't listen to the fan boys go with what you want to try. I personally would stay away from Hot Bodies unless you were on a tight budjet. Don't get me wrong, great vehicles for the price, but not in the same ball park as the other vehicles you listed. (please dont start hb fan boys) But I would give Losi a good look because of the locals you have there running them.[/QUOTE

I just asked a simple ? and you took it to another level .

Last edited by J.Whiting; 10-05-2010 at 10:43 AM. Reason: language
nothin special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:39 AM   #13
Tech Fanatic

How much are full option D8's and D8T's?
Old 10-05-2010, 06:44 AM   #14
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I don't understand why guys want to be different at the race track. Unless you are head and shoulders better than everyone else, then you will probably at some point need help. Wether its help in a spare part or setup, etc. Its quite an asset to have others on hand to aid in whatever issues you may run into.

Theres a reason why people are running the losi's at your local track. You should concentrate more on your driving skills vs just trying to be different. If you can finish on the podium with regularity then by all means go with whatever you wish, as you have the skills needed to be competitive.
WillowBayNaturals.com - Handmade soap, lotions and body products made by my wife. Her lotions and soaps are flat out amazing. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed.
jwm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:45 AM   #15
Tech Regular

The truggy at Amain is 329.00 and the buggy is 264.00 and theres a discount code to save more.