R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-05-2010, 07:03 AM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm2 View Post
I don't understand why guys want to be different at the race track. Unless you are head and shoulders better than everyone else, then you will probably at some point need help. Wether its help in a spare part or setup, etc. Its quite an asset to have others on hand to aid in whatever issues you may run into.

Theres a reason why people are running the losi's at your local track. You should concentrate more on your driving skills vs just trying to be different. If you can finish on the podium with regularity then by all means go with whatever you wish, as you have the skills needed to be competitive.
I think they are running the Losi's is parts avaliabilty a few switched to them from another company.
The spektrums that come with Losi's I wouldnt use.
I had 3 spectrums and 2 had interferance issues, I will not use them again.

The old saying if you cant beat them, join them will not apply in this case, because 1) I do not wanna join Losi and follow the others even though they all have them and parts would be easy to get. 2.) I want to try something different than my current Team Associated.
In all Honesty I would rather DNF than to switch to Losi, even though they have the parts avaliabilty from the other drivers.Only from the other drivers, any other LHS is special order like my AE rides and any other brand I choose. I just Do Not Like Team Losi.
Now I am not saying the buggy sucks or anything like that, I just dont Like Losi, ever since JRX2 Days.
Who knows maybe I will get over the Losi thing and switch/follow them, but for now I wanna be a leader and not a follower just because everyone else there is.
That is my story and i am sticking to it for as long as I can.

Also the BIGGEST Reason for change is I am looking for more of a Higher Quality in parts and wear. This is why Serpent, Xray, Mugen and Kyosho is on my list. The Team Associated's are there in my List becasue I have many spare parts for them, and I have been using Team Associated since the original 6 gear , gold Tub RC10 days.
Race Vehicles-SC8 w/ GRP .28 Tuned,RC8T FT-Reedy VR 121 .21, 2035 pipe, RC8B-Reedy .21
http://www.jerrysrcraceway.com/
mgtmadness2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:39 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgtmadness2007 View Post
I think they are running the Losi's is parts avaliabilty a few switched to them from another company.

The old saying if you cant beat them, join them will not apply in this case, because 1) I do not wanna join Losi and follow the others even though they all have them and parts would be easy to get. 2.) I want to try something different than my current Team Associated.
In all Honesty I would rather DNF than to switch to Losi, even though they have the parts avaliabilty from the other drivers.Only from the other drivers, any other LHS is special order like my AE rides and any other brand I choose. I just Do Not Like Team Losi.
Now I am not saying the buggy sucks or anything like that, I just dont Like Losi, ever since JRX2 Days.
Who knows maybe I will get over the Losi thing and switch/follow them, but for now I wanna be a leader and not a follower just because everyone else there is.

Also the BIGGEST Reason for change is I am looking for more of a Higher Quality in parts and wear. This is why Serpent, Xray, Mugen and Kyosho is on my list. The Team Associated's are there in my List becasue I have many spare parts for them, and I have been using Team Associated since the original 6 gear , gold Tub RC10 days.
Get one of those, just dont be upset at the track when no one can help you. No on have your parts.
The people who switches to a brand that is not popular at the tracks, will buy 2 complete kits to have extra parts and they understand set up.

Cant be a leader unless you WIN. If you do not understand RC much and just wanna buy something to be different. Then you will have to take the consequence.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:42 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:

I've never met a person who disliked a brand so much. Oh well, if you'd rather not finish a race then the problem is your mindset. Personally i'd drive a duratrax rtr if it meant finishing the race vs not, but thats me. For me its not the vehicle its the driver. If you are noticed only by what you drive and not how you drive then by all means you probably do need something fresh and flashy to set you apart. Guys like drake, lutz, and cavalari don't need fancy rides as their driving does the talking. Whatever they drive others will follow, if you go into it with the mindset that the vehicle makes the driver then you will always blame your equipment for any failures you run into. But hey, thats your choice. You are free to do it however you want.
WillowBayNaturals.com - Handmade soap, lotions and body products made by my wife. Her lotions and soaps are flat out amazing. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed.
jwm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:56 AM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Like I said I am looking for a higher quality ride and honest opinions on the other vehicles. I am just looking for other opinions on the other vehicles I mentioned.
I am not looking for another ride just to be differnt. I want better quality than what Losi, Team Associated and hot bodies can give.
Although the RC8B and RC8T CE look great and I did have the pleasure of builng an RC8B which I sold.
I do not do things just because something is popular, if that was the case I would be listening to rap and hip hop, pants hanging off my butt, baseball cap upside down, etc,etc.

Team Losi did a great job on the vehicles and they are nice, but I am not gonna run the Losi's just because most everyone else does at the track.If someone needs help with the Losi, shim, screw or something that fits I will try and help them out.

I have only gotten a few replies about which to go for.

Now to get back on topic. Please
Race Vehicles-SC8 w/ GRP .28 Tuned,RC8T FT-Reedy VR 121 .21, 2035 pipe, RC8B-Reedy .21
Old 10-05-2010, 08:04 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Hey guys, its nice to run something different, I wouldn't run losi either, I just can stand "falling in line", I have nothing against losi and they do make an awsome product, BUT I just want to be different. look at my sig, there are only a few of these buggies in the US (literally just a handful) so there will be a learning curve, but just like building a new buggy, I love the task of figuring things out on my own. There will be other team drivers and we will share setups an tips, but at the end of the day I can sit back and have this amazing handling buggy that I figured out on my own (or at least have a part in its setup success).

And when he said he didn't want to be apart of the losi following, I can see why, you guys are attacking him because he refused to "looking into your eyes and become mesmerized." You guys are fierce when it comes to your brand and that puts a lot of guys of at times, take it easy, I know its hard to understand that 2+2 doesn't = losi but trust me there are other answers out there,

For the original poster, get whatever catches your eye you'll be competitive with any major brand, and setup help will always be available online.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:08 AM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Thank You t8!
Old 10-05-2010, 08:19 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Its funny to see all the guys that drive losi think it's the best on the market and try to tell you thats what you need to buy. I have 2 losi's and will be selling them soon just because they don't really fit my driving style and I just can't over how much slop and how fast the parts wear out. If you are wanting a better quality product the associated has got better than the original rc8 buggy and truggy, but the best quality trucks and buggys are Xray and mugen the parts are higher but you get what you pay for I ran the hell out of my mbx6t last year and it hardly shows any wear on the plastic or the drive train and the Xray is the same way the only thing on the Xray I have replaced is the bushings on the adjustable hinge pins which is less than $10 If you like to drive hard I would suggest the mugen Xray or kyosho the harder you drive them them the faster they are, any truck or buggy out there will win a race no matter who it's made by
Jammin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:09 AM   #23
Tech Addict

I like my Associated but my Buddy has a Mugen MBX6T M-spec and it's flawless. No broken parts... ever, so far. The thing just looks like a Ferrari too. Top notch machine. I've seen a few X-Rays in action and they look really nice not to mention all the Hudy spring steel parts on them look top of the line. I don't know much about Kyosho but they seem nice. I do know the Mugen and X-Ray are uber nice rides and X-Ray's site has a lot of set-ups on it so no shortage of advice on set-up there. I keep thinking maybe X-Ray will bring out a new truggy as the buggy is a '10 model and the truck is still '09. Oh, I should probably mention this. My friend who has the Mugen truggy loves it but he bought the M-spec buggy too and can't drive it nearly as well. He actually prefers his old x1 jammin buggy over the Mugen buggy. He just can't get the front end dialed on it. These are my personal observations and worth exactly what you paid for them!
Old 10-05-2010, 09:18 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:

i would look at O'donnell also, they are very high quality and the parts just dont wear. i have 6+ gallon on my Team buggy and havent replaced one single part except a diff cup because i got carried away and stripped the plastic in on hole. i only have a gallon in my SG so that cant tell much and my truggy has way over 10 gallons and all thats been replace is diff cases and the center axils and center out drives.
Mugen MBX7 Eco / LRP / Airtronics M11x
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:19 AM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

i drove kyosho for first time this weekend and have owned every car on your list the kyosho was the best i have driven for my style but they are expensive for parts can buy used buggy and truggy but parts will kill you
i would have to say mugen very durable like losi but do not wear as fast and can be found for cheap
hot bodies is good but after upgrades are same price as everything else might want to stick with ae suppose to have updated buggy coming out after worlds so might want to wait awhile to switch things up
and last every car on the market can go fast if it fits the drivers style all break espcially when a sprotmen or intermediate driver is behind the wheel good luck choosing one
jewn_beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:39 AM   #26
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin57 View Post
Its funny to see all the guys that drive losi think it's the best on the market and try to tell you thats what you need to buy. I have 2 losi's and will be selling them soon just because they don't really fit my driving style and I just can't over how much slop and how fast the parts wear out. If you are wanting a better quality product the associated has got better than the original rc8 buggy and truggy, but the best quality trucks and buggys are Xray and mugen the parts are higher but you get what you pay for I ran the hell out of my mbx6t last year and it hardly shows any wear on the plastic or the drive train and the Xray is the same way the only thing on the Xray I have replaced is the bushings on the adjustable hinge pins which is less than $10 If you like to drive hard I would suggest the mugen Xray or kyosho the harder you drive them them the faster they are, any truck or buggy out there will win a race no matter who it's made by
Haha..I totally agree. It def is funny to see people get all uptight and take offense to someone not liking "their" brand. I ran losi also, but like you it didn't fit my driving style. I switched to kyosho and have consistantly placed 3rd or 4th each time out.Nope I don't drive well enough to get that first or second yet. It has nothing to do with which brand I run. Extremely durable, I should know because I am not a finesse driver, I drive it like I stole it. I also like the way the mugens handle. .If I were to switch again, that will be my next choice. And like you I run on a budget, I even had to run off my buddies gallon this past Sunday for our local big fall bash. And the price for parts are comparable with other brands.

Kyosho front arm set(1)upper n lower- 10.99
Losi front arm lower(2)- 16.99
Mugen f lower(2)- 16.49
Hot Bodies f lowers(2)- 14.49
xray f lower(1) - 7.49

So what it comes down to is that if you are unhappy with what you have now and don't want to run a losi, then it doesn't matter which new brand you pick they all have their pros and cons. It also doesn't matter which brand has won this championship and that one. Comes down to the driver and how he feels with his rig.
Just my 2 cents.
cloud9graffix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:14 AM   #27
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
Its in the same park - I could have sworne that it was the current world champion, and it has a good shot at winning again this year, yes it has its problems but they all do.
Come on Token, not even worth argueing about. You are right it is a world champion, any buggy or truggy can be a world champion. As for as HB goes, it takes some mods out of the box to be a contentor IN MY OPINON. The other vehicles can be run out of the box, thank you sir.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:18 AM   #28
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothin special View Post
I just asked a simple ? and you took it to another level .
Are you serious? Grow up, I gave advice which is my opinion. I would say the name calling is out of line and your advice would be invalid as your love for hot bodies makes your opinion extremly bias. Thanks for your time

Last edited by J.Whiting; 10-05-2010 at 10:47 AM. Reason: language
Andy Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:49 AM   #29

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

stay on track with the thread or thread will be closed.. everyone has an opinion and that is there choice... all the current buggy's are good and every buggy has is flaws.... just answer the question and move on.. thank you
Jeremy Whiting - serpent america - desoto racing - apicco race engines - RcRenew - jconcepts - Rc Pro Products - ko propo eurus - ko propo servos - VP PowerMaster Fuels - Answer-rc usa - advantage racing products - Parma/pse bodies - serpent 811 2.1 - 811t
J.Whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:50 AM   #30
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 180 (100%+)

I see Jeremy took care of the nonsense

im getting too slow
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote