Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Sportwerks Turmoil Questions >

Sportwerks Turmoil Questions

Sportwerks Turmoil Questions

Old 10-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Sportwerks Turmoil Questions

Hi everyone. I picked up this Turmoil RTR at the beginning of this past year and have had a lot of fun driving it at the track. It's an antique but it still runs like a charm. It has the .26 V2 engine in it and I put an 053 pipe on it. Man did that wake the engine up and it helped my fuel mileage too. However, I am still looking for better fuel mileage and thought I will get the 6.5mm carb insert for it when right now I have the 7.5mm insert. I have found it certain places but it costs like $15 for it and was wondering if any other brand inserts would fit in this stock carb. Another thing with my carb that happened to me a couple of times this past year was if I let the engine temps get about 270, the thing would eventually go into vapor lock on me. The engine seemed to be tuned right, maybe just a tad lean but it still ran, sounded and looked alright. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to prevent that other than just richening it up some. Lastly, I'm looking at next year and my body is getting to be in rough shape. I had heard that the 777 SP2 Crowd Pleazer 2.0 body fit the Turmoil RTR and was wondering if it was true. Thanks everyone for their input. Anything would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Oh..youre here too. Ok,any SH restrictor will probably work...there should be a blue million of em' around. Just ask anybody cause there a blue million dead SH,Sportwerk,Dynamite,Losi motors around...all built by SH.

I believe a mugen body will work on it.

Last edited by off road god; 10-05-2010 at 09:15 PM. Reason: info
Old 10-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the info on the restrictors. Looking around at the prices for those too, they are all at least $15 unless you can knock the shipping off by ordering more stuff. Seems kind of ridiculously priced for something that small but I suppose you have o-rings in there too. About the Mugen body, will any of the MBX bodies work? I would assume that the body mounts wouldn't really change as they went from one to the next. Thanks.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

MBX5 body
Old 10-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I have a new in the package Proline Crowd Pleaser 2.0 Body Part# 3192-00 to fit a MBX5 that I was going to paint for my son's Turmoil but since sold the buggy and got him a Losi. If your interested in the body PM me and we can talk price. Thanks
Old 10-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That little engine, while not "class legal" for buggy racing, is a GREAT engine! I wish they still made it, I'd run it in my truggy for club races...
Old 10-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Body? Check this out.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUVW0&P=7
Old 10-06-2010, 09:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tmaxx26power
I have a new in the package Proline Crowd Pleaser 2.0 Body Part# 3192-00 to fit a MBX5 that I was going to paint for my son's Turmoil but since sold the buggy and got him a Losi. If your interested in the body PM me and we can talk price. Thanks
I will think about the offer. Thanks. I'm just not sure what I am all doing yet. If I were to get the Crowd Pleaser body, would I have to go to a low profile air filter since it seems to sit lower on the chassis?