R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-06-2010, 10:10 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to NitroFreakManHo Send a message via Skype™ to NitroFreakManHo

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
i reread it, he must of just mistakenly hit the shift button while hitting 8, when i read it the first time i just seen sc. My bad thanks

...holy crap, I gotta learn to proof-read my posts, that's exactly what I did, I hit shift 8 by accident, and hit the 'r' when I should of hit the 't' ( 'fir' should read 'fit' )..my bad

I absolutely love my SC8! The 1/10 scale 4x4 SC trucks look fun and all, but still not the same without the sweet sound of nitro..also, I just flat out like 1/8 scale over any 1/10 scale platform.

I'm really surprised how the other big guns haven't made their own version of a 1/8 scale SC, it would have been cheaper for them to build considering that they already have 90% of the parts required to build them, helping to reduce production costs, instead they pour all that money into R&D, setting up, and manufacturing ( making molds, getting tooling etc,etc..) a bunch of new 1/10 scales. I find that strange from a business standpoint, it seems illogical to me, even though the class has taken off, it takes a longer time to see profit because of the initial cost involved to produce these new parts.

I think that the class would have taken off just as well had they focused on 1/8 scale SC instead, and they would have made much more profit going that route, and current 1/8 scale racers would have had to spend less to race in that class. Just my 2 cents. I'm glad AE made the SC8, one of the best RC's I've owned.
**M2C**Hitec 7955TG Servos**Buku Clutch
www.apaarchery.com www.skoffroad.ca www.youtube.com/nitrofreakmanho
NitroFreakManHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:16 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Before teh US Economy took a dump 1/8 SC class looked like it was about to take off like the 1/10 SC class has. I saw a few guys build 1/8 SC with truggy chassis, and buggy diffs/a-arms of a various brands.. They do look cool, and would be a killer class to watch, but 2 fuel classes is enough for me to keep up with..