R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #76
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
nick knows why i went to hitec, during nitro challenge this year i had 2 jr's go in two different cars which took me out of the amain in both classes(i was on track for amain anyway) as soon as the nitro challenge ended i sold every jr i had, bought all new hitec
Yea..sure you were..
Old 10-04-2010, 08:52 PM   #77
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
Yea..sure you were..
i just finished 3rd n open buggy and 4th in open truggy at byrons off road challenge at the pit. actually i qualifed 2nd in buggy even

but doesnt matter if u believe me, was simply stating jr's cost me a big race

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:03 PM   #78
Tech Lord

Quote:
i just finished 3rd n open buggy and 4th in open truggy at byrons off road challenge at the pit. actually i qualifed 2nd in buggy even

but doesnt matter if u believe me, was simply stating jr's cost me a big race
And I've had the same "deal" with hitec servos..I was just given you a hard time it was ment in jest, not serious. Everyone can have problems with equipment, brands don't matter..I have been let down to many times by hitec for me to buy anything they make, just personal preferences..just letting you guys know they are not without their problems..
Old 10-04-2010, 09:05 PM   #79
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
And I've had the same "deal" with hitec servos..I was just given you a hard time it was ment in jest, not serious. Everyone can have problems with equipment, brands don't matter..I have been let down to many times by hitec for me to buy anything they make, just personal preferences..just letting you guys know they are not without their problems..
and i do realize this, i personally have had Jr's screw me in many races. since switching to hitec ive only had one fail out of 5 different cars but im also running lipos straight to a non hv servo

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:07 PM   #80
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Can I ask the last Hitec servo you have run? Just curious.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:13 PM   #81
Tech Lord

Quote:
and i do realize this, i personally have had Jr's screw me in many races. since switching to hitec ive only had one fail out of 5 different cars but im also running lipos straight to a non hv servo
I guess this is why we have brand loyalty.. lost a state championship due to a servo problem..up in smoke....and I have no real brand loyalty, Futaba, Airtronics..JR..Ace..anything but hitec..but I'm pretty sure you know how I feel, and I can relate to your dislike of anything JR..
Old 10-04-2010, 09:39 PM   #82
Tech Lord

The HS-7775MG was the last servo I used, (on road car TC5) I had a HS-7955TG that I got in a trade/deal..it was in a ST-RR and I basicly just turned it. Never used it..it's a hitec..eew..
Old 10-04-2010, 09:50 PM   #83
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 8t 2.0

I run 7 frount 10 center and mix 2 and 3 in rear have shock mod with inclined spindels that i grinded like integra had posted of drake doing have v2 rear tower and run ace 1050 sterring and throttel unregulated with a lipo and my truck will turn on a dime and give you nine cents change. Which ever servo you choose as long as it has enough tork and speed should not have any effect on the truck turning. I put smart diff in center and really didnt like so that is money wasted imo.
Rem578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:59 PM   #84
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Set the front toe out to 4 degrees on each side and it will turn. I have found ride height also makes a difference. Most setups use 2mm difference between the front and rear, I run mine at 5mm difference and it seems to work better. Smart diffs will help, but they don't put enough power down for the short run up style jumps when you need it. I am not running the v2 rear tower either.
jmackani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:24 AM   #85
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Again,

Make sure your servo saver is tight, this will cause a push off power and on power.

JR and Hitec servos both fail, I set my epas, free linkage etc and still have servos fail once and a while. Only had one Hitec motor go and a gear go on another. They took care of both issues.

JR declines repairs on servos due to motor failure (on 3 9100 HVS) but they did give me a brand new radio when I sent in my Z-1. They are hit or miss. My LHS ripped all their products off the wall as he too got servos sent back that were not "Cost effective" to repair.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:11 AM   #86
Tech Elite

EVERY SERVO FAILS

Hitecs just fails the lease.

I have killed every kind of servo thats out. I have also had JRs that lasted a few years, and I have a few Futubas that Ive had since 1996 that still work.

You have to get the servo for the right application. And the SKILL OF DRIVING also have ALOT to do with the APPLICATION.

If you are a smooth driver a 220oz servo with metal gears can work for you in a truggy. Im talking about not hitting pipes, landing on the ramps and not over shooting the jump, hitting more pipes, punting people in and out of corners and donkey flipping. If this is how you drive, that servo will NOT hold up.

Right servo for the APP - have more power than not enough.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:18 AM   #87
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have been using my Airtronics since I got my mgt .21 which are now in my truggy with no problems and I crash ALOT many, many cartwheels with MGT with Moabs and RC8T bent 1 outer rear hub hinge pin. Using 94359' and 94358servos, and reedy 1600 mah battery.
Race Vehicles-SC8 w/ GRP .28 Tuned,RC8T FT-Reedy VR 121 .21, 2035 pipe, RC8B-Reedy .21
http://www.jerrysrcraceway.com/
mgtmadness2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:02 AM   #88
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem578 View Post
I run 7 frount 10 center and mix 2 and 3 in rear have shock mod with inclined spindels that i grinded like integra had posted of drake doing have v2 rear tower and run ace 1050 sterring and throttel unregulated with a lipo and my truck will turn on a dime and give you nine cents change. Which ever servo you choose as long as it has enough tork and speed should not have any effect on the truck turning. I put smart diff in center and really didnt like so that is money wasted imo.

Ace's Do Not like Unregulated, I would personally Run a regulator or jump to Life packs or your risking your servo's.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:06 AM   #89
Tech Elite

tried liop with ace and it smoked out.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:11 AM   #90
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Did you ever get the Steering problem figured out?
Race Vehicles-SC8 w/ GRP .28 Tuned,RC8T FT-Reedy VR 121 .21, 2035 pipe, RC8B-Reedy .21
http://www.jerrysrcraceway.com/
mgtmadness2007 is offline   Reply With Quote