Quote:
Originally Posted by losiracer78 View Post
try a mugen
here we go!
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:07 AM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

TRX thanks! Is that a pretty nuetral et up? Not super aggresive and for a pro?
Nitro-nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:08 AM   #18
Tech Addict

How about a smart diff in the truggy? Help turning at all?
Old 10-03-2010, 08:10 AM   #19
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by got_nitro View Post
Wow simple question and what a "nice" response..this is a "help" forum.. A smart diff in the front can help but it depends on the track that your running. Basicly how a smart diff works is, Off power it's like having a 2wd, On power it locks up 4wd. This is as simple as I can make it. If your coming from on road think of it like running a one way, you have to drive it the same way. But if your having problems with your Losi turning it's tuning problems, as a few had said check the servo saver first, check your end point adjustments (simple but sometimes over looked). If your "new" why would you put a different set up than stock to start out with? Go back to the STOCK set up, drive the truggy for a day or so..then try different set ups, 99% of the time the stock set ups are really good and you only need to do minor changes..minor = oil & diff changes, but you do need the correct tires for the track that your running on. If your just starting out with a new truggy always start out with the stock set up, this way you can have a base line to work off of, and when you do make bigger changes write them down so you can remember what it did, I do this when I practice so when I go to different tracks and my set is not working that great I know what changes to make and I'm not just guessing.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:12 AM   #20
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro-nutz View Post
How about a smart diff in the truggy? Help turning at all?
in my OPINION, no i installed one in mine and went back to stock diff, i dint like it, maybe just not use to it, but many guys like them for a blown out track.
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:17 AM   #21
Tech Addict

Oasis- Thanks for that info. My prob is I bought the truggy used and its all set-up and has some goodies on it. I know what your saying about "stock" Thats why I took the aluminum caster blocks off and put the stock ones back on. The truggy is set up for some "aggresive" style driving imo? Just trying to get some ideas and stuff? I'll def go over the things you listed. I was just wondering if the smart diff helped turning? Thanks O
Old 10-03-2010, 08:19 AM   #22
Tech Addict

How do I check my servo saver and know its adj correctly?
Old 10-03-2010, 08:20 AM   #23
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

My thinking is since u have drove other losi truggys that turned good, is something wrong. Check all your hinge pins and shock shafts to make sure they are not bent. Also make sure nothing is binding in the suspesion and check your servo saver, to check the servo saver measure it and check the manual and compare it to yours. The losi trucks turns very good. Since I see you are in PA. cityblocks should be a good tire for you to use
Old 10-03-2010, 08:26 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
Wow simple question and what a "nice" response..this is a "help" forum.. A smart diff in the front can help but it depends on the track that your running. Basicly how a smart diff works is, Off power it's like having a 2wd, On power it locks up 4wd. This is as simple as I can make it. If your coming from on road think of it like running a one way, you have to drive it the same way. But if your having problems with your Losi turning it's tuning problems, as a few had said check the servo saver first, check your end point adjustments (simple but sometimes over looked). If your "new" why would you put a different set up than stock to start out with? Go back to the STOCK set up, drive the truggy for a day or so..then try different set ups, 99% of the time the stock set ups are really good and you only need to do minor changes..minor = oil & diff changes, but you do need the correct tires for the track that your running on. If your just starting out with a new truggy always start out with the stock set up, this way you can have a base line to work off of, and when you do make bigger changes write them down so you can remember what it did, I do this when I practice so when I go to different tracks and my set is not working that great I know what changes to make and I'm not just guessing.
Thanks for your "HELP" and concern there GUY Everything is ironed out, I just haven't replied yet. Thats what happens when one makes multiple threads on basically the same subject.

Losi Truggy Smart Diff??????
got_nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:28 AM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

My money is that your droop and ride height are off. I ran my 8t with the 10* spindles and took them off as i had way to much turning. I run the basic drake setup. Best thing i have found.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:29 AM   #26
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Inferno- Can you gimme some ideas of a decent set-up? Droop, shocks fluid, camber etc???? I'm totally new at the truggy thing and set-ups for it.

Sluggo- How do ya know if its too tight or too loose
Well take the servo saver out, tighten the blue nut all the way tell it stops, turn it back out 2 1/2 turns. Thats it but they will back off so I like to add some loctite to the treads to help keep it set right.

As for the smart diff some people swear by them and others hate them. They are a tuning aid and not a for sure thing to help. Also alot of people buy them and just slap them in. There is alot you can do with smart diffs to tune them but you will have to put the time in and try different settings to see what works for you.

Also there is other tuning aids that work well like the V2 tower which made a huge improvment on my sons truggy. Thing is every tracck is different, every truggy is different and every wheel man is different so what works for us may not for you. So take what you can from the advice given and get to work on what works for you
sluggo_sx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:31 AM   #27
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
How do I check my servo saver and know its adj correctly?
My RC8 buggy doesn't like to steer on power at all either. Some of the problem was the servo saver. It had backed off and the nut at the bottom of it was all the way unscrewed. Look at the bottom of the servo saver and make sure that the nut(I don't know what it's really called) is screwed up a little and is pushing the spring up some.
To check to see if it's tight, with your radio off, turn the wheels all the way to either direction. Then take your hand and hold the servo horn and don't let it move. Now while holding the servo horn in place try turning your wheels the opposite way with your other hand and see how much force it is taking to turn the wheels without the servo moving. If it's very easy to turn the wheels, then the servo saver needs tightened down some, or when you are turning the servo saver will kick in and not let the wheels turn while you are trying to steer under power.

This could probably be explained alot better, and I'm sure someone who knows more then me will chime in on this. That's how I checked mine though and figured out what my problem was. When I tightened my servo saver down in helped my steering at high speeds alot.
bevofrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:37 AM   #28
Tech Addict

I got some good tips and stuff to check on guys. Thank You. I'll have to tear the old truggy down tonight and see whats up? Woow you guys are a huge help to a "newbie" like myself.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:39 AM   #29
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Oasis- Thanks for that info. My prob is I bought the truggy used and its all set-up and has some goodies on it. I know what your saying about "stock" Thats why I took the aluminum caster blocks off and put the stock ones back on. The truggy is set up for some "aggresive" style driving imo? Just trying to get some ideas and stuff? I'll def go over the things you listed. I was just wondering if the smart diff helped turning? Thanks O
No problems, a few other things on a smart diff. The biggest one is driving style, I have been racing on road for years, and went back to off road a few years ago, So the smart diff really works for me, the smart diff likes to be driven easy in and hard out..let off the throttle going in and in the center of the corner really hammer the throttle comming out, the smart diff does not like smooth blue groove tracks, loads and unloads "funny". But to answer your question yes it will make your Losi turn, you just have to know how to use it..and I do, on my local track it made me 3 to 5 seconds a lap faster, went from 45 second laps to 40 to 42 second laps..so for me it works..on my local track.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:40 AM   #30
Tech Addict

Got nitro-No they were actually 2 TOTALLY different threads I just asked about the smart diff on this one cause I had a ton of replies. I'm just trying to get some "help" buddy