R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-06-2010, 06:05 PM   #271
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hmmmm, I'll put a 5'er on Mugen, Mugen USA doesn't have a "Spotlight" currently really. They need a name like Losi has Drake, Kyosho has Tebo, AE has Maifield and Cav. Mugen USA doesn't have an international "Spotlight" driver that is "well" known all over the world. Sure Mugen Europe has Savoya, but its not really the same as the Europeans don't get excited like the americans do. The US being known as the marketing kings and being in everyones spotlight, the rest of the world is always watching and scrutising America, Mugen USA needs a "spotlight" driver and Ryans skill, personality and flare fit the profile perfectly.

Who ever Ryan decides to drive for, I wish him the best of luck and the best for his family. In the brief time I had to chat with him whilest he was in Australia last, I felt I got to know who he really is by the way he spoke about the sport, his family and what he did on the track both driving and marshalling. What a champ!
Mauve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:07 PM   #272
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Did you forget about Travis Amezcua? Although you dont hear much about him doing things other than on the track he is still running with the company. But thats where Ryan Lutz has shined is that he does as much off the track as he does on the track when it comes to helping others including new people getting into the sport.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:15 PM   #273
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nope, I didn't forget about Travis, he's a brilliant driver but he doesn't seem to get the spotlight that Drake, Maifield, Tebo and Lutz gets, at least from the perspective of someone outside of the USA. I personally do a little more digging into whats going on than the "average joe" racer, and the spotlighters as I call them are the names you generally hear in the "average joe" race community.

Ryan was awesome while he was in oz, just a top down to earth guy, didn't get stressed/grumpy/wound up when he was having carby problems with the motor in the buggy, even had a giggle with him when he tried to refill the bloke I was pitting for's buggy instead of the one he was pitting for. I just giggled and said "umm, thats the buggy I'm pitting champ, yours is coming in now". He smiled said "oops, here you go" passed me the car and grabbed his car. Afterwards he was so appologetic, I just giggled again and said "Don't worry about it mate, is nice to see your human like the rest of us because the way you drive makes us look silly" We chatted and had a laugh a bit later when racing was over.

Last edited by Mauve; 10-06-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Mauve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:21 PM   #274
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

My prediction:

THE Car, JQ Products

Just a hunch.
Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:23 PM   #275
Tech Fanatic

I think just about every brand has been mentioned but I don't remember GS being mentioned so I'll throw that one in just in case.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:38 PM   #276
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Hot Wheels for sure! ha
Old 10-06-2010, 07:14 PM   #277
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Over the weekend Rescue RC in Rescue CA. had there 13th Annual Harvest Classic and it was a good turn out! It was a Losi top three sweep in both expert classes with Team Losi, Novarossi driver Phillip Atondo on top with his buggy and truggy. Atondo TQ'd buggy and Lutz TQ'd truggy running a rent a ride Mugen. Lutz was very fast in qualifying with the Mugen truggy. At the start of the main Lutz broke away with a large lead with Atondo in second after a bad start. Atondo's truck looked great in the main and was chipping away at his lead. Lutz came in for a pit while Atondo stayed out and took over the lead and never looked back stretching out his lead, but Lutz was pushing hard until he ended up breaking out which allowed Atondo to cruise in for a victory in the 45min main. Will Lutz be running Mugen?

from neobuggy
frankrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:21 PM   #278
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

since we just throwing out companies... i'll go with Durango...
kgombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:21 PM   #279
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
My prediction:

THE Car, JQ Products

Just a hunch.
JQ already said he couldnt afford to make him a driver. JQ is just getting off the ground, so signing a Driver to a travel deal is likely out of the question. I suspect he will be with Mugen. But if he went AE, it would be TEAM RYAN.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:17 PM   #280
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigedmond View Post
JQ already said he couldnt afford to make him a driver. JQ is just getting off the ground, so signing a Driver to a travel deal is likely out of the question. I suspect he will be with Mugen. But if he went AE, it would be TEAM RYAN.
Not if he is signed by swift racing who distributes THE Car here in US...

Swift Racing = A Main Hobbies
Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:29 PM   #281
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Ahh that makes sense.. even though JQ Products (main company) dont have money to invest in a big name driver, his distributors definitely have the funds.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:35 PM   #282
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Mugen needs a driver like Lutz! Could you imagine the damage he can do in a Mugen if he was doin damage in a Tamiya? He would wreck on any popular pro it would make them look like a beginner lol, just my opinion.

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:35 PM   #283
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

www.rcinsider.com just did a question and answer thing with him if you would like to check it out!
Old 10-06-2010, 10:40 PM   #284
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (97%+)

Associated is where he is going, otherwise mugen. Associated needs someone to replace Tebo. They miss their trifecta for sure.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:50 AM   #285
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

says he is going to the Worlds with the new buggy now
pc at 8 hour eastern time