Wiki Posts
Search

Newb Question-

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 03:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Newb Question-

I did RC cars a LONG time ago before nitro came into dominance. Thinking about getting back in. How much time is required to keep a vehicle running well(not race ready)? Do you have to tune every time you go out? Once a gallon?

Speaking of which can you pretty much just refule and go all day long with nitro or do you have to work on it durring your driving.... if so about how often.

Thanks
Old 09-30-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

once you get tuning down. Its easy, just takes time. You can run as long as you want to as long as you keep the temps in range and your receiver batteries don't fail.Once you get a good tune, then your pretty much good to go, maybe have to tweak it a little but if it gets hot or cold
Old 09-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks, Are any brands easier or harder to work on?
Old 09-30-2010, 04:01 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by stallen50
once you get tuning down. Its easy, just takes time. You can run as long as you want to as long as you keep the temps in range and your receiver batteries don't fail.Once you get a good tune, then your pretty much good to go, maybe have to tweak it a little but if it gets hot or cold
may have to re-fuel every 7 to 10 minutes also
Old 09-30-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mongob
Thanks, Are any brands easier or harder to work on?
I hear some are easier than others but I suspect it's what your used to. I run AE and find it very easy to work on but I bet any brand is like that once you learn it.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by inferno13
may have to re-fuel every 7 to 10 minutes also
That is easy enough to live with. Better than having to go home and charge batteries for an hour.... If you look down in the for sale for what I am selling you will understand what I mean....
Old 09-30-2010, 04:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Do-Over
I hear some are easier than others but I suspect it's what your used to. I run AE and find it very easy to work on but I bet any brand is like that once you learn it.
Thanks, I was a bit affraid of nitro because I dont want a hobby I have to tinker with endlessly, I just want to go out and drive. But I hate the idea of always waiting for batteries to charge.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I would stick with the hobby shop brands like: AE, Mugen, Hot bodies, kyosho,losi. I might of forgot one or two. Just what ever brand you decide just stick with it and it will become very easy to work on. Its like run cars everyone has the own brand they like
Old 09-30-2010, 04:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stallen50
I would stick with the hobby shop brands like: AE, Mugen, Hot bodies, kyosho,losi. I might of forgot one or two. Just what ever brand you decide just stick with it and it will become very easy to work on. Its like run cars everyone has the own brand they like
Forgot X-ray... As far as tinkering goes. I have a buddy with a Losi buggy that hasn't touched it in 4 gallons.... Thats with the original RTR engine and servo's. Most people won't believe me but thats a true story. Most require more tinkering but I actually enjoy that part of it. I at least inspect my rig after every race or practice. I.E. Cleaning and a good once over. Clutches can be a pain sometimes but I think a little tinkering is what I enjoy about the hobby.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Default losi 2.0

the rtr losi buggy is great i would change the servos but the engine is great . the only thing that ever happend to mine was i bent the front shock tower.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the info guys-

Trying to decide on a Losi XXL, Savage or A Savage Flux. Nitro isnt sounding as bad as I thought....
Old 09-30-2010, 04:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Do-Over
Forgot X-ray... As far as tinkering goes. I have a buddy with a Losi buggy that hasn't touched it in 4 gallons.... Thats with the original RTR engine and servo's. Most people won't believe me but thats a true story. Most require more tinkering but I actually enjoy that part of it. I at least inspect my rig after every race or practice. I.E. Cleaning and a good once over. Clutches can be a pain sometimes but I think a little tinkering is what I enjoy about the hobby.

Not sure how much I will like tinkering.... time is my enemy.... sad part of having a job.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jsnhld
the rtr losi buggy is great i would change the servos but the engine is great . the only thing that ever happend to mine was i bent the front shock tower.
Whats up with the servo? Too weak?
Old 09-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Addict

I'm assuming your wanting to bash with the choices you've listed. If I can give you one piece of advice it's to spend a week reading forums and trying to get a grasp of this before you jump right in. You can learn a lot with very little research.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Default servo

Originally Posted by mongob
Whats up with the servo? Too weak?
yes, they are ok for bashing for a little bit, but the stock ones will go out at some point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.