Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho DBX vs. CEN Talon NX

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Kyosho DBX vs. CEN Talon NX

I'm in the market for a new RC car after selling my old one a while back. I've narrowed it down to the Kyosho DBX or the CEN Talon NX

I know I want to get a 1/10 scale buggy. I've heard everything about it being a dead class and all, i still want one.

Has anyone heard anything about either of these cars in the way of quality or durability or anything? They are nearly the same price so that doesn't matter. Any suggestions on which one to get?

I know neither of these cars are gonna hold up to everything, i'm just looking for which is best of the two.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Both are low quality and you really shouldnt buy any of those listed. There is NO GOOD NITRO 1/10 buggy, like I said on the other forum.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Chris__RC
Both are low quality and you really shouldnt buy any of those listed. There is NO GOOD NITRO 1/10 buggy, like I said on the other forum.
yes. i know this. but i want a 1/10 buggy. and i'm asking which one of the two you guys recommend. are you saying that it doesn't matter which one i get?
Old 03-26-2009, 06:33 PM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Take a look at the Jammin' CRT .5. It's a little smaller than 1/10 but it's miles ahead quality-wise compared to those other two.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GlassBullet
yes. i know this. but i want a 1/10 buggy. and i'm asking which one of the two you guys recommend. are you saying that it doesn't matter which one i get?
If you want a 1/10 buggy, then the Kyosho RB5, Losi XXX-CR, and Associated B4 are the ONLY ones worth considering.

You will become very fusterated if you get one of those you linked.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:43 PM
Tech Rookie

thank you both for the suggestions

but chris, the ones you linked are either electric (i'm looking for nitro) and/or too expensive for me.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GlassBullet
thank you both for the suggestions

but chris, the ones you linked are either electric (i'm looking for nitro) and/or too expensive for me.
Look, if you want to get a POS, then get one of those cars. But dont come over here saying it broke and I have to wait a week and prices are really expensive and complaining about it. Parts will break, and no LHSs will have them on hand.

You know all the expenses and maintence and tuning of nitro right?
Old 03-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey my lhs actually caries the parts for the kyosho dbx. I would say if you want one of those just get it but make sure you can get parts. I wouldnt suggest getting one of those if your lhs doesnt carry parts for it but if your dead set on it get it and have fun. I would save up a bit more cash and get something like a hyper 7 tq black. Also look into something like a rustler. My friend has one and they are fun to drive.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Talon

I have a talon with a stripped main gear and needs a new centrifical clutch, otherwise its in perfect shape. make me an offer if your interested. Lots of new parts still in packages too.