agama or xray

Old 09-23-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (86%+)
Default agama or xray

i am about to buy a new buggy and am torn between these too. i have had the losi 2.0 for 2 years and a serpent for one and i like both but the losi is a little two twichy for me and i feel that i tend to underdrive it. the serpent i can drive it hard and has made me alot faster but the issues it has i think i want to try something else. i would just like to hear from peope that have either the 808 or agama or even better driven both. thanks for you time guys
Old 09-23-2010, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

Ryan,
I have switched to Agama from 808.
I was very happy with the 808,great car and extremely bulletproof.
I switched to Agama to try something new.
The A car in comparison to the 808 has more steering,accelerates faster and jumps better. Once you get the setup right for your driving style,track etc the A car is FAST.
The quality of the build and durability appear to be on par with the 808.
I only have around 5 litres on mine,so far no issues.
You can`t go wrong with either of these,save a few bucks on the Agama.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:49 PM
Tech Adept

thanks alot ben for takeing the time to share that. you are the second person that told me to go with the agama and that 2 for 2. i leaning toward the A car
Old 09-23-2010, 04:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You might want to check the team durango website for the dnx408, it looks really nice, seems like most of the hopups are preinstalled. It is probably abit more expensive than the other buggies but seems like it'll be worth it if its anything like the electric versions already out.

http://www.team-durango.com/race-cars/dnx408/
Old 09-23-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Adept

ya i saw that but i think its going to be a flat track kind of buggy and with it being new i dont want to deal with not haveing setup help and must buggies have there share of issuses so maybe when its out and all bugs are worked out ill look into it
Old 09-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well its suppose to have ALL the kinks worked out. Thats what is taking them so long. Its in production right now so everything has been finalized. As far as being a flat track car they claim it will jump as good or better than anything else on the market, and with the low cg it won't get too hairy if you do make a mistake. To me it looks like the next generation racing buggy and more companies will be moving in that direction if it works as well as they claim and have shown it has with winning a few of the bigger races in europe already. You might want something abit more proven, which i can understand. But by this time next year you might be kicking yourself for not giving it a more thourough look-see.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

I have driven both, the 808 is a good car accept for the bearing issues, the agama accelerates and jumps better then any other car i have driven it is also very durable
Old 09-23-2010, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Ryan87
ya i saw that but i think its going to be a flat track kind of buggy and with it being new i dont want to deal with not haveing setup help and must buggies have there share of issuses so maybe when its out and all bugs are worked out ill look into it
Haha flat track??? Youtube DNX408 and watch it at the NEO10 race, that thing is jumping like a winged frog. And if you watch some of the vids from neobuggy.net it handles great in the rough.. after anyone sees those vids there's no way you could its flat track car
Old 09-23-2010, 06:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I drove the 808 for the last 2 years. As a newcomer to racing it was the best car for me. i crashed it more than a smash up derby racer and never broke a thing. It was a great buggy and I loved it so much I had 3 of them as well as a box full of spare parts. A couple of months ago I decided to try something new just for the heck of it so I bough the A8. From the first time I dropped it on the track I was instantly faster. I know everyone says they shaved 2 seconds off their lap times as soon as they switched to a new buggy but for me it was more like 3-5 seconds. My driving sucks so there was lots of room for improvement. The A8 will never be as durable as the XRAY and I dont care who says otherwise its just not true, but I love it so much I sold all my Xray stuff and now have 2 EVO's and a box of parts. There is nothing on the market that accelerates, turns, or jumps like the Agama, and its almost half the price of the Xray. If you want to be faster and win races its the EVO hands down. If you want a bullet proof car that will take a beating go with the XRAY. As far as competitiveness and the fun/WOW factor its Agama all the way.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by t8rtot
Haha flat track??? Youtube DNX408 and watch it at the NEO10 race, that thing is jumping like a winged frog. And if you watch some of the vids from neobuggy.net it handles great in the rough.. after anyone sees those vids there's no way you could its flat track car
thats all well and good but i also didnt ask about the durango. R/C cars are not that expensive if i want to change someday maybe i will but right now i want to try something esle the durango will always be there if i want it
Old 09-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I drove the 808 for the last 2 years. As a newcomer to racing it was the best car for me. i crashed it more than a smash up derby racer and never broke a thing. It was a great buggy and I loved it so much I had 3 of them as well as a box full of spare parts. A couple of months ago I decided to try something new just for the heck of it so I bough the A8. From the first time I dropped it on the track I was instantly faster. I know everyone says they shaved 2 seconds off their lap times as soon as they switched to a new buggy but for me it was more like 3-5 seconds. My driving sucks so there was lots of room for improvement. The A8 will never be as durable as the XRAY and I dont care who says otherwise its just not true, but I love it so much I sold all my Xray stuff and now have 2 EVO's and a box of parts. There is nothing on the market that accelerates, turns, or jumps like the Agama, and its almost half the price of the Xray. If you want to be faster and win races its the EVO hands down. If you want a bullet proof car that will take a beating go with the XRAY. As far as competitiveness and the fun/WOW factor its Agama all the way.
thanks jaz.. i think you all have pretty much said the samething and for the new buggies that are out and coming out i thing this one might be the best at this time. i havent heard anything bad about it and im going to get it. i hope i have the same results as all of you with it
Old 09-23-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

True but u did comment on it.. and somebody who doesn't better may take that comment as gospel, and miss out on a product (if its anything like the 410). But out of your choices I think the guy that had 3 xrays hit nail on the head, however until its ben out for a little while (agama), I don't think it will quite have the setup help the xray does.. but if its not any worse (competitively).. I would just pick up the Agama from a pricing stand point..
Old 09-23-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by t8rtot
True but u did comment on it.. and somebody who doesn't better may take that comment as gospel, and miss out on a product (if its anything like the 410). But out of your choices I think the guy that had 3 xrays hit nail on the head, however until its ben out for a little while (agama), I don't think it will quite have the setup help the xray does.. but if its not any worse (competitively).. I would just pick up the Agama from a pricing stand point..
ya ur right i guess i did comment on it lol i wasnt trying to bash you or anything sucks tho because the durango buggy was the one i wanted to begin with then i talked my self out of it forgot about it an u brought it back up lol thanks!!! but i think ill try the agama frist
Old 09-23-2010, 07:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

ya ur right i guess i did comment on it lol i wasnt trying to bash you or anything sucks tho because the durango buggy was the one i wanted to begin with then i talked my self out of it forgot about it an u brought it back up lol thanks!!! but i think ill try the agama frist
Its up to you, i'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you go with. I don't think any buggy is head and shoulders better than anything else and with the right driver any buggy can win on race day. I was just stating that with a new one just around the corner you could consider it as well. Didn't mean to bring back any bad memories or nightmares, haha.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Good deal I'm sure u will enjoy it. If this is the car you do decide on let us know how it goes, build/first run/breakages/ect

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.