R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-23-2010, 07:59 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Default cheap offroad tire source needed

Can anyone give me a source for cheap offroad tires? I bash only, no racing, and my area is half deep grass and half cement so my tires go quickly and $16/pair is just too much. This is for a Kyosho DBX.
MattFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:50 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What kind of tires you looking for?
Old 09-23-2010, 03:35 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFL View Post
Can anyone give me a source for cheap offroad tires? I bash only, no racing, and my area is half deep grass and half cement so my tires go quickly and $16/pair is just too much. This is for a Kyosho DBX.
If there's a local track around where your at, just go there and ask some of the guys to save you their old tires and give them a little cash for them. My buddy got 5 or 6 sets of almost brand new tires at a race that guys were just throwing away.
bevofrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:57 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevofrancis View Post
If there's a local track around where your at, just go there and ask some of the guys to save you their old tires and give them a little cash for them. My buddy got 5 or 6 sets of almost brand new tires at a race that guys were just throwing away.
Good idea that I never thought of. I'd try that, ask the guys if they have any tires that aren't good enough for their racing but have some meat on them for you to use.

I just buy new, my Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR is for bashing cause I don't feel like replacing stuff on my on-road car when I inevitably hit a stone in the road that kicks up into the belts and pullys. I simply haven't been able to run it enough to wear through the first set of tires. I suppose it's due to South Florida's ability to ruin the day with rain all summer.