R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-22-2010, 03:18 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808gx7r View Post
if you want a cheap and grunty box, get a GO engines box... its broken in about 15 engines so far...

no replaced things, other then a drive belt but that was my fult.
+1 GREAT boxes
RcRenew.com and TritonRc.com~Lucky7~Eazyrc.com
Venom-Group~Upgrade-Rc and TrackstarRc.com
deadmancourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:19 PM   #32
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to shanem121 Send a message via MSN to shanem121

I use the OFNA Truggy box with a 4s LiFe pack.......Works great.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:23 PM   #33
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

my losi box with 2 7.4 lipos in it, works awsome! spins the flywheel faster than it actually spins started
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:05 PM   #34
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I use the Blue Ofna Truggy Start with a gel for like three years. Will upgrade to lipo when the gel dies till then I charge it every other race and never had a problem . Also buy a extra set of rubber feet and use them for the mounts on top of the box it works great. It holds my truggy in place great.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:17 PM   #35
Tech Addict

Since the box comes wired for two 6cell stick packs, how do you hook a lipo to it exactly? Obviously you can just buy a lipo with tamiya connectors but that is not ideal. If you are running a single 14.8v 4s lipo how do you wire it? Is there instructions somewhere? The more I think about it the more it sounds like a lipo will simply last longer and be better overall.
Dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:16 PM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
Since the box comes wired for two 6cell stick packs, how do you hook a lipo to it exactly? Obviously you can just buy a lipo with tamiya connectors but that is not ideal. If you are running a single 14.8v 4s lipo how do you wire it? Is there instructions somewhere? The more I think about it the more it sounds like a lipo will simply last longer and be better overall.
actually, it comes wired for a single battery. an adapter for two batteries is included.
818Designs.net - TKO
sickboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:29 AM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do-Over View Post
I've looked into the Dynamite but Stormer's sold out and they're kinda hard to find in my experience. I think I'm gonna get the Go one when I order my engine and just upgrade it to dual motors.
I actually walked in the door at my LHS and they had the 5650 in stock, bought it on the spot.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:05 AM   #38
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHX1550 View Post
I actually walked in the door at my LHS and they had the 5650 in stock, bought it on the spot.
I've seen them here at our local hobbytown usa, last time i checked they were $74.99, but that was a month or so ago.
WillowBayNaturals.com - Handmade soap, lotions and body products made by my wife. Her lotions and soaps are flat out amazing. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed.
jwm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:11 AM   #39
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
Will both the Ofna Truggy box and the Dynamite 5650 work with a Losi 8ight 2.0? I know they are technically universal boxes, but some people mention modding the Ofna box to fit a Losi.

Yes we mod it for the top plate pieces from the Losi box to essentially have Losi box with real motors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm2 View Post
Yes they will, i think the only reason he modded it was to use the quick change mounts for truggy and buggy, but i could be mistaken. The dynamite will work for both as you can easily adjust the pegs. On a losi buggy just be sure to align up the wheel on the bottom or else it will rub on the chassis. I had to move mine down about 1/4" on both sides to get the wheel perfectly centered.

I have to move the whole wheel assembly to ensure the wheel doesn't bind on the chassis....Im not sure if this is necessary but i felt it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHX1550 View Post
I know for a fact that 22Racer is using one on his Losi 8 2.0

correct, im pretty sure kendall and rex have a box for either vehicle.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:21 AM   #40
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

The old OFNA chrome top box is hard to beat for reliability. Direct drive, no belts... and with a lipo I think it would crank a big-block Ford. Spins the engines over so fast it will make you think you clutch is bad... it WILL spin the wheels on the car before it starts.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:44 AM   #41
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I had a losi 1st gen box that shorted out, dumped a lipo and it was the only time in the last 2 1/2 yrs that I almost packed it up before the mains and went home because it just was not fun anymore. I purchased an ofna truggy box and modded the top to accept the losi box hardware. Now the ofna box will start any losi buggy or truggy. It took some time and patience and a couple dremel bits but it was well worth it. I have seen just the 1st gen losi box alingment hardware avail I think at stormer hobbies. It is possible bit it takes time. Here a little inspiration.

Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:57 AM   #42
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
I had a losi 1st gen box that shorted out, dumped a lipo and it was the only time in the last 2 1/2 yrs that I almost packed it up before the mains and went home because it just was not fun anymore. I purchased an ofna truggy box and modded the top to accept the losi box hardware. Now the ofna box will start any losi buggy or truggy. It took some time and patience and a couple dremel bits but it was well worth it. I have seen just the 1st gen losi box alingment hardware avail I think at stormer hobbies. It is possible bit it takes time. Here a little inspiration.

A-main carry's the parts too.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote