R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-19-2010, 05:55 PM   #1
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 215
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default 8ight T flywheel Dia?

I'm trying to get a clutch together for my sons Jammin X2 CRT with a werks B5 (thanks to RayA for the free motor). Anyways, I'm thinking about going with a Losi 8ieght T clutch and would like to know what the diameter of the flywheel is. Apparently the stock flywheel in an X2 is 35mm, so I'm assuming that I would need something around that size so I don't have problems engaging the starter box wheel.


Thanks
Glenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:57 PM   #2
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

34mm
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:59 PM   #3
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 7,916
Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenwyatt View Post
I'm trying to get a clutch together for my sons Jammin X2 CRT with a werks B5 (thanks to RayA for the free motor). Anyways, I'm thinking about going with a Losi 8ieght T clutch and would like to know what the diameter of the flywheel is. Apparently the stock flywheel in an X2 is 35mm, so I'm assuming that I would need something around that size so I don't have problems engaging the starter box wheel.


Thanks
i dont think a losi clutch will work for you, losi clutch is a little longer than a regular clutch, clutchbell may hit gas tank, or bell will be to close to spur, not 100% sure, someone will let you know forsure shortly im sure!
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 05:16 PM   #4
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 215
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno13 View Post
i dont think a losi clutch will work for you, losi clutch is a little longer than a regular clutch, clutchbell may hit gas tank, or bell will be to close to spur, not 100% sure, someone will let you know forsure shortly im sure!
Isn't the length of the clutch end of the crank shaft standardized?

Does anyone know this if this setup won't work with any certainty?

Help me out please!!!
Glenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:41 PM   #5
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Newcastle (England)
Posts: 110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno13 View Post
i dont think a losi clutch will work for you, losi clutch is a little longer than a regular clutch, clutchbell may hit gas tank, or bell will be to close to spur, not 100% sure, someone will let you know forsure shortly im sure!

Its only the losi clutch bell thats 2mm longer, the clutch itself is the same width as most other clutch setups.
__________________
LOSI 8IGHT 2.0 ALIGN SERVO'S, RB C5bb,RB C6 L2G,PICCO P7R EVO2,
ASSOCIATED RC8T, NOVAROSSI .28 8PORT, SAVOX SERVOS.
CRT.5 SH .12,
damo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:56 PM   #6
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 7,916
Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666 View Post
Its only the losi clutch bell thats 2mm longer, the clutch itself is the same width as most other clutch setups.
i dont beleive this is correct, the bell is longer, because the clutch is also.
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:55 PM   #7
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Auburn, Ca
Posts: 219
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

I have a losi flywheel you can have if you wanna see if it works?
Hobbs263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:01 AM   #8
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 215
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbs263 View Post
I have a losi flywheel you can have if you wanna see if it works?
Thanks for the offer...that's really generous.
I'm thinking that I would need the whole setup though to see if this would work.
The only reason I ask about this is that from a pure design standpoint I like the losi design better than the OFNA.

There has to be someone out there who done this or someone who's got an X2 and a losi clutch laying around who can give it a shot...PLEASE....THANKS.

Again, thanks for the offer.

Last edited by Glenwyatt; 09-25-2010 at 08:37 AM.
Glenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:28 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net