Community
Wiki Posts
Search

rc10gt setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default rc10gt setup

i looked and didnt see a forum for just the gt series so lets start one. as you all know its a great truck rather your bashing or racing it will handle your needs. im out here trying to find good parts and good setups. latly ive been going threw tires like crazy. how should my rear wheels be i mean they come stock with the set camber i think its called( how the front of the tire is pointed more towards the chassis). but from top to bottom of the rear tire how should that be, mine currently is leaning pretty far in, could that be the reason why my tires just lite up and look like a dragster doing its burn out, you know how the tires get really skinny and tall. help me with this
Old 09-19-2010, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Are you working with the classic tub-chassis RC10GT; the later "flat frame" (blue anod.) "team" or "rtr" frame? Or the GT2...which is a different truck entirely.

As far as your settings, the rear tires being pigeon toed inward is referred to as toe-in. The top of the tires leaning inward toward the center of the chassis is negative camber. The toe is set by the inner toe blocks; they tie the control arm to the chassis. You can also add toe by running different outer hub carriers. The stock ones are "0" and I think there used to be some 1.5deg. hubs as well.

The classic RC10Gt tub frame will run well on most any outdoor track with this setup...

Front:

#1 piston; 35wt; silver springs.
Ride height: arms level
outer position on lower control arm; outer position @ tower.
-1 camber
0-toe; or faintly in.
stock 30-deg. caster blocks; or 15deg. if running on smoother tracks

Rear:
#2 pistons; drill one of the holes to the diameter of a #1 piston; leave the 2nd alone.

Run 30wt or 35wt oil depending on ambient temp and track surface. Rough, choppy tracks with big jumps, run the 35.

Green springs.

-2 camber

ride height: Bones level

3+2 rear toe blocks (3 deg. toe in, 2-deg. antisquat)

1.5deg. outer hub carriers

"Short" wheelbase; all spacers to the rear of the hub carrier.

Lower shock mount, run "inner"; and in 1-hole from the outermost hole on the tower.

Rear camber link...run the lower-inner position on the inner rear bulkhead...and I think the inner position on the hub carrier...don't recall if it had an inner/outer position..it may have just one.

Some of this setup will NOT work if you have the later flat-frame trucks. You'll want to swap the front springs for the later "blue" springs and maybe go to a #2 piston with 30wt. The rear stays about the same.

Tire choice is up to you, but M3 or M4 Bowties and "The edge" directionals used to be the hot ticket. Now a lot of guys run 4 of the same tires; like Holeshots all around. Just depends on the track.

Good luck!