R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Proline Recoils (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/435942-proline-recoils.html)

So*Cal AFDude 09-18-2010 11:28 PM

Proline Recoils

Whos running them? How do you like them? I currently run Crime Fighters and Revolvers and want to get a new set before Proline Gas Champs and was wondering opinions on this tire? All I've heard is whats on the Proline site, and I like that they last long. Thanks! :tire::tire::tire::tire:

NitroXray80809 09-18-2010 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by So*Cal AFDude (Post 7957435)
Whos running them? How do you like them? I currently run Crime Fighters and Revolvers and want to get a new set before Proline Gas Champs and was wondering opinions on this tire? All I've heard is whats on the Proline site, and I like that they last long. Thanks! :tire::tire::tire::tire:

there ok but the new snipers are nice. also 10% off code from pl site is
SQRL10.

8ight-racer 09-18-2010 11:41 PM

Instead of Recoils, try Calibers, Snipers, or Holeshots depending on how hard pack the track gets.

Crazycajun322 09-19-2010 08:03 AM

just throwing this out there, i have calibers on my slash and crimefighters on my inferno, and they tear the track up. Was running my inferno in the lawn a little bit, now my yard is a dirt track in itself. The M2 crimefighters are tough as nails too.

JAMMINKRAZY 09-19-2010 09:09 AM

Recoil's are good on hard pack with a bit of dust on top. They last pretty well too on most surfaces. Definitely a different style tire.;)

awdcameolsx 09-19-2010 09:13 AM

I bought 2 sets of recoils at the beginning of the season 1 m2 and 1 m3. Well I nicknamed them the banana peels. The only place they worked (and it was only the m3's) was an indoor clay track. Calibers and revolvers are almost always better.

ericzwick 09-19-2010 09:52 AM

I had good luck with m3 recoils at ARC and thunder alley when dirt is watered. They last at least twice as long as calibers, from my experience.

NitroXray80809 09-19-2010 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by ericzwick (Post 7958609)
I had good luck with m3 recoils at ARC and thunder alley when dirt is watered. They last at least twice as long as calibers, from my experience.

City block, i beams are long lasting if you want a lasting tire. Preferable i love hole shots but they only last a day or so but when i can find some and get them for free i do. LOL after a big race there are always sponsored drivers tosing tires just gotta ask them if you can take em instead of tossing them. Other than that calibers are really good for almost all conditions i would say.

So*Cal AFDude 09-19-2010 02:26 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I run at TA a lot so maybe. From the looks of it I would be better off checking out something else. I think I'm going to check the AKAs out. Ive only ran Prolines so we'll see how that goes!

NitroXray80809 09-19-2010 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by So*Cal AFDude (Post 7959272)
Thanks for all the replies. I run at TA a lot so maybe. From the looks of it I would be better off checking out something else. I think I'm going to check the AKAs out. Ive only ran Prolines so we'll see how that goes!

AKA FTW!

8ight-racer 09-19-2010 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by So*Cal AFDude (Post 7959272)

Pro Line will be giving out Calibers as handout tires to all sportsman entrees for the Gas Champs.

So*Cal AFDude 09-19-2010 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by 8ight-racer (Post 7959358)
Pro Line will be giving out Calibers as handout tires to all sportsman entrees for the Gas Champs.

Sweeeeeeetttttt :D