Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Mamaba monster pro 1/8th scale >

Mamaba monster pro 1/8th scale

Mamaba monster pro 1/8th scale

Old 09-17-2010, 06:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Mamaba monster pro 1/8th scale

Any one running the Mamba monster pro esc in their 1/8th scale buggy. I bought a losi 2.0 E and I have a brand new Mamba Monster pro esc sitting here ready to go. I was just going to buy the 1700 or 1900 kv Tekin motor and try it out. Running the esc I already have saves me alot of money for now, cause I still have to buy a battery and servo. Also I found a battery on amain that will fit the Losi if I take the foam spacer out of the battery box. It just fits in the bare tray. How bad will this throw my weight distribution off on the car? Was it designed to have the battery forward with the foam in? The battery is a killer deal, so I'm hoping it works?
Old 09-17-2010, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Try going to the electric off road forum. This is nitro speak.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroexpress
Try going to the electric off road forum. This is nitro speak.
Ditto..

But, the idea of the foam for the battery is to allow adjust ability for the driver to set up the weight bias to aid in traciton, handling, etc.. A battery that fills the tray will not allow that.. But as far as the ESC, with the right motor attached it will work fine, why wouldn't it??
Old 09-17-2010, 02:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Sorry Hahaha I didn't realize this was "nitro speak" LOL
Old 09-17-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro-nutz
Any one running the Mamba monster pro esc in their 1/8th scale buggy. I bought a losi 2.0 E and I have a brand new Mamba Monster pro esc sitting here ready to go. I was just going to buy the 1700 or 1900 kv Tekin motor and try it out. Running the esc I already have saves me alot of money for now, cause I still have to buy a battery and servo. Also I found a battery on amain that will fit the Losi if I take the foam spacer out of the battery box. It just fits in the bare tray. How bad will this throw my weight distribution off on the car? Was it designed to have the battery forward with the foam in? The battery is a killer deal, so I'm hoping it works?
What size battery is it?? Realistically no it should not effect the handling.