R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-16-2010, 07:36 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezSlash View Post
I can attest for being hooked with a crap tune happened to me this past weekend. All top end and no low end and was able to come back from seventh and caught up to second missed the bump by a few seconds.
Tell me about it last weekend i decided after 3 1/2 months off racing buggy i will run jbrl. Bad tune and bad idea. 1. because taking that long off you just dont pick it back up where you left off and 2. my grp has alot of life yet but tune was not cooperating what so ever. It had alot of power and smoke just burnt my tank and rockguards all to hell because it was 330 degrees then it erased that guys tune and did mine, well needless to say when ur not alowed to drive ur car while another race is going i had to bench tune it and its never consistent. It ran like hell the whole main and my driving was just as bad. Not a good day to start back up.

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:10 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

bench tunning does not always work so well. Somtimes it does like if your indoors or your tune was pretty close to begin with.

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:35 PM   #33
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Remember to check your clutch and make sure you're bearings are still there in between heats. Somehow in between my 2nd and 3rd heat this weekend, my outer clutch bearing decided to disintegrate. Don't ask me how i managed to finish the 2nd heat. Remember that you do have enough time to do a bearing swap during the race warm ups.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:42 PM   #34
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Kerber View Post
Remember to check your clutch and make sure you're bearings are still there in between heats. Somehow in between my 2nd and 3rd heat this weekend, my outer clutch bearing decided to disintegrate. Don't ask me how i managed to finish the 2nd heat. Remember that you do have enough time to do a bearing swap during the race warm ups.
Definitely true did it on my buddies truggy this weekend. Feels real good to grab a motor at race temp and forgetting your gloves
DezSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:20 PM   #35
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezSlash View Post
Definitely true did it on my buddies truggy this weekend. Feels real good to grab a motor at race temp and forgetting your gloves
Yeah the sucky part was i had it preheated, so it was like balancing a hot potato.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:22 PM   #36
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Kerber View Post
Its funny you said that. i just took my bell off after racing on Friday night and discovered that my inner bearing had turned into a shim i still took 3rd with one bearing