Search

proline vtr truggy foams

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 05:54 PM
dsl
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default proline vtr truggy foams

How many times are you reusing your proline vtr foams? I don't know if there is more than 1 kind. I have the blue foams.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

the ones that come with the tires are molded foams. I can usually get two sets out of each foam, but sometimes they are a little too beat after one use if the track was high speed or high bite. Proline also has closed cell vtr foams, a little firmer to start, but they def last longer.
http://prolineracing.com/foam/vtr-cl...truck-inserts/
Old 09-13-2010, 06:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

One and done. IMO there's no reusing proline blue molded foams. Not unless you're burning a set of tires off in a run or two. It doesn't cost much more to just buy the tires w/ foams vs. buying them w/o foams.

Absolutely hate proline's VTR closed cell foam. Too firm and the ones I got didn't even come close to filling out the tire.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
One and done. IMO there's no reusing proline blue molded foams. Not unless you're burning a set of tires off in a run or two. It doesn't cost much more to just buy the tires w/ foams vs. buying them w/o foams.

Absolutely hate proline's VTR closed cell foam. Too firm and the ones I got didn't even come close to filling out the tire.
I would have to agree then.... I only have tried one set of the closed cell vtr foams, and the fit wasn't very good, but I thought maybe I just got a set that were cut wrong....guess I was wrong. Now I know, lol!
So yeah, I would just stick with buying the tires that have foams included, not much more $ anyway.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by t4ftracer
I would have to agree then.... I only have tried one set of the closed cell vtr foams, and the fit wasn't very good, but I thought maybe I just got a set that were cut wrong....guess I was wrong. Now I know, lol!
So yeah, I would just stick with buying the tires that have foams included, not much more $ anyway.
Yeah I made that mistake once and it'll never happen again! I bought two sets of tires without foams and I bought two sets of closed cell foams(like $60). The CC foams didn't even come close to fitting the tires. E-mailed proline and had the CC foams exchanged for regular molded foams. The regular foams filled out the tires just fine. Out $30+ and some wait time to get proper foams. I don't know what gives. I wouldn't even consider mounting tires with foams that fit THAT loosely. Come on PL!
Old 09-13-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I am entirely disappointed in proline vtr foams. 4 quals and a short main and they are way to soft. Its my last set I am going to J Concepts ran a set in practice that the foams are used and they are still firm and ready to rock.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:41 PM
dsl
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm really satisfied with the performance of the vtr caliber m3's. Its the best tire I've used. I can save about $9 per pair of tires if I don't buy them with foams. $18 is $18 I could use on something else. But I guess that doesn't matter if the foams don't last. What about using aka foams or other brands in prolines vtr tires?
Old 09-13-2010, 08:56 PM
Tech Addict

Dont get me wrong I was DIALED with M3 Revolvers. Its the foams they are super soft.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dsl
I'm really satisfied with the performance of the vtr caliber m3's. Its the best tire I've used. I can save about $9 per pair of tires if I don't buy them with foams. $18 is $18 I could use on something else. But I guess that doesn't matter if the foams don't last. What about using aka foams or other brands in prolines vtr tires?
I believe AKA's would be too wide for VTR's. AKA foams are pretty much the only foam I would even consider reusing, and they're too wide for most other tires on the market other than AKA's.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DezSlash
Dont get me wrong I was DIALED with M3 Revolvers. Its the foams they are super soft.
You guys have to remember these aren't closed cell foams. They WILL soften up. They still handle well even after they soften up a bit though. The softening will be most noticeable in the Revolvers as they have a slightly wider carcass/sidewall than the Holeshots or Calibers.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:12 PM
Tech Addict

Yea but as fast as they got its not worth my money. I rather get JC and use the foams 3 times or more.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DezSlash
Yea but as fast as they got its not worth my money. I rather get JC and use the foams 3 times or more.
That's your choice. I run whatever tire works the best. If it is Proline, that's what I run. Simple as that, and foam life isn't going to change my ways.