R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2010, 12:03 AM   #16
Tech Addict
 
808gx7r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishsoap View Post
Hitec 7955. Problem solved. I would also check all of your wires to make sure there are no cuts or frays. Had a friend keep blowing servos because of the wiring.
i use savox... i have no trouble in my losi buggy, i found hitecs are crap compared to savox... i just perfer them plus savox also have the 1 year warrenty for direct swap
__________________
Mugen Mbx6t / O.S SPEED / Byrons / Savox servos / Futaba
Agama A8 Evo / O.S SPEED / savox / futaba
Hpi Blitz/sc10 CASTLE CREATIONS.
Driving the best quality cars in the market.
808gx7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:05 AM   #17
Tech Elite
 
dishsoap's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,457
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808gx7r View Post
i use savox... i have no trouble in my losi buggy, i found hitecs are crap compared to savox... i just perfer them plus savox also have the 1 year warrenty for direct swap
Hitec is lifetime. I have 4 7955's and they have gone for over 1 and half years no problems. To each there own though. I have heard many great things about the savox.
__________________
HobbyTown USA Tucson!!! HobbyTown USA SRS!!!!
dishsoap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:08 AM   #18
Tech Addict
 
808gx7r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishsoap View Post
Hitec is lifetime. I have 4 7955's and they have gone for over 1 and half years no problems. To each there own though. I have heard many great things about the savox.
i use savox in all my gear and its only in the 808's throttle i have the problem.

i own about 11 cars/trucks all with savox i have never had a problem untill i bought a 808
__________________
Mugen Mbx6t / O.S SPEED / Byrons / Savox servos / Futaba
Agama A8 Evo / O.S SPEED / savox / futaba
Hpi Blitz/sc10 CASTLE CREATIONS.
Driving the best quality cars in the market.
808gx7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:12 AM   #19
Tech Elite
 
dishsoap's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,457
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808gx7r View Post
i use savox in all my gear and its only in the 808's throttle i have the problem.

i own about 11 cars/trucks all with savox i have never had a problem untill i bought a 808
Very interesting. I know a few people who run the 808 and never heard such a thing happening. I would bet that even on the 808 thread it would be hard to find anyone having a problem.
__________________
HobbyTown USA Tucson!!! HobbyTown USA SRS!!!!
dishsoap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:16 AM   #20
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,779
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Any photos of your setup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808gx7r View Post
i use savox in all my gear and its only in the 808's throttle i have the problem.

i own about 11 cars/trucks all with savox i have never had a problem untill i bought a 808
__________________
Powered by: MASTERCARD and VISA

If you're in control, you're not driving it fast enough!

XRAY / NOVAROSSI / SANWA / AKA TIRES / BYRON FUEL
ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:16 AM   #21
Tech Addict
 
808gx7r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishsoap View Post
Very interesting. I know a few people who run the 808 and never heard such a thing happening. I would bet that even on the 808 thread it would be hard to find anyone having a problem.
i am starting to think its the throttle spring on the linkage rod.as its quite a force.
__________________
Mugen Mbx6t / O.S SPEED / Byrons / Savox servos / Futaba
Agama A8 Evo / O.S SPEED / savox / futaba
Hpi Blitz/sc10 CASTLE CREATIONS.
Driving the best quality cars in the market.
808gx7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:26 AM   #22
Tech Addict
 
808gx7r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 721
Default

does anyone know the spindle count of spektrum servos?
__________________
Mugen Mbx6t / O.S SPEED / Byrons / Savox servos / Futaba
Agama A8 Evo / O.S SPEED / savox / futaba
Hpi Blitz/sc10 CASTLE CREATIONS.
Driving the best quality cars in the market.
808gx7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:26 AM   #23
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808gx7r View Post
i am starting to think its the throttle spring on the linkage rod.as its quite a force.

cut 1 or 2 coils off the throttle spring i had a simlar problem with my eight 1.0 linkage spring it was too stiff and whould stress the servo out.

or just use one collar on the throttle linkage.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:27 AM   #24
Tech Addict
 
808gx7r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
cut 1 or 2 coils off the throttle spring i had a simlar problem with my eight 1.0 linkage spring it was too stiff and whould stress the servo out.
just try'd that. only spare servo i got now is my spektrum, do you know the spindle count on them? or whats the same K0 etc
__________________
Mugen Mbx6t / O.S SPEED / Byrons / Savox servos / Futaba
Agama A8 Evo / O.S SPEED / savox / futaba
Hpi Blitz/sc10 CASTLE CREATIONS.
Driving the best quality cars in the market.
808gx7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:30 AM   #25
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808gx7r View Post
just try'd that. only spare servo i got now is my spektrum, do you know the spindle count on them? or whats the same K0 etc



on the xray or the eight ? i cant think of it off my head.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:33 AM   #26
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,779
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
on the xray or the eight ? i cant think of it off my head.
He is asking the number of spline on the spektrum servo...
__________________
Powered by: MASTERCARD and VISA

If you're in control, you're not driving it fast enough!

XRAY / NOVAROSSI / SANWA / AKA TIRES / BYRON FUEL
ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:36 AM   #27
Tech Master
 
neobart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,413
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

23 like Ko and JR servos.

Spektrum servos are made by JR.
__________________
Clockwork Racing Engines
neobart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:36 AM   #28
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganymede View Post
He is asking the number of spline on the spektrum servo...


oh im not sure since i only run futaba/orion servo for the throttle.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:41 AM   #29
Tech Addict
 
808gx7r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 721
Default

cheers. will get one.
__________________
Mugen Mbx6t / O.S SPEED / Byrons / Savox servos / Futaba
Agama A8 Evo / O.S SPEED / savox / futaba
Hpi Blitz/sc10 CASTLE CREATIONS.
Driving the best quality cars in the market.
808gx7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent is now owned by Chinese people now? ioxqq Nitro On-Road 95 11-16-2008 07:36 PM
This is ridiculous... please help us BigDogRacing Electric On-Road 50 08-30-2004 08:21 PM
Diva Is A Jerk!!!!!!!!!!!! KINGZJ Buyer/Seller dispute and Feedback discussion forum 26 12-11-2002 09:47 PM
Trinity haters...this is the place where you could express your anger! disaster999 Chat Lounge 74 05-28-2002 01:48 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:01 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net