Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Bought used inferno, help? >

Bought used inferno, help?

Bought used inferno, help?

Old 09-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Sorry about the picture quality as all I have is my phone to take the pictures. It defitanly has Kyosho imprinted on alot of the parts and has a hyper 21 motor but the guy said he changed motors awhile back although I dont know whats true.

I will try to get some better pics. Thank you very much for the help as I want to order a few parts but I have no idea where to start. It runs well but needs a bit of fixing up.

I got it for $250 with a DX2 Spektrum 2.4 ghz controller so I hope it was a fair deal even if it is older.

Here are a few more pictures without the pipe and stuff.
Attached Thumbnails Bought used inferno, help?-car-back.jpg   Bought used inferno, help?-top3.jpg   Bought used inferno, help?-top2.jpg   Bought used inferno, help?-top4.jpg  

Last edited by AgentTokie; 09-11-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Yep

It's an Inferno mp5.

What happened is the guy took the hyper .21 engine and the tires and some other parts from an 0fna and put them on the inferno.

I recommend getting a new engine, clutch, and tires..

It doesn't have to be an expensive engine, maybe a Novarossi 3port for 140..

I remember that Hyper engine, a few friends at the track had them and they were tough to tune, and didn't last very long, but hey, it might be fine for getting your buggy fixed up and driving around the street...

Good luck....
Old 09-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks alot for the advice.

The engine runs fine so far and I just had to buy one for my Ofna Truggy so I think I will start on the tires and a few front end pieces he had rigged together.

I will look into a new motor as well and clutch, etc but use this one up in the meantime.

Thanks everyone for the time it is people like you all that makes getting into a new hobby much less frustrating, I look forward to being part of your community

David
Old 09-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default cool

Thanks...
Old 09-12-2010, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

its looks like a ofna buggy... the radiobox is from kyosho mad force monster truck
Old 09-15-2010, 08:51 PM
Tech Rookie

I think Meredith is right, their are several parts stamped Kysoho and the guy that had it did have other Ofna cars.