R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-09-2010, 05:14 PM   #1
Tech Adept
 
Crazycajun322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 134
Default Very pleased with Inferno neo!

I recently got an inferno neo from amain, and after some tricky tuning at first, (the factory settings are actually a little off), it ran great. After my break in of 5 tanks, the glo plug went, which is a little weird, my temps didnt go above 260, but i put in an OS cold plug and its fine now. It runs a little hot if you lean it to maximum power, so i keep it a little rich, but its pretty agile. For a $300 readyset, I am very pleased! Just thought i would share. TAKE THAT RTR HATERS
__________________
If you have a traxxas and its not broken, then you must not be running it!

Slash 4x4-Proline Calibers, JConcepts Dare body
Kyosho Inferno 7.5 Sport-Spektrum Dx3e, Byron's 25/11, Proline Crimefighters
Crazycajun322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:57 PM   #2
Tech Addict
 
808gx7r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycajun322 View Post
I recently got an inferno neo from amain, and after some tricky tuning at first, (the factory settings are actually a little off), it ran great. After my break in of 5 tanks, the glo plug went, which is a little weird, my temps didnt go above 260, but i put in an OS cold plug and its fine now. It runs a little hot if you lean it to maximum power, so i keep it a little rich, but its pretty agile. For a $300 readyset, I am very pleased! Just thought i would share. TAKE THAT RTR HATERS
just wait till your stock electrics put the thing into a brick wall at full speed
__________________
Mugen Mbx6t / O.S SPEED / Byrons / Savox servos / Futaba
Agama A8 Evo / O.S SPEED / savox / futaba
Hpi Blitz/sc10 CASTLE CREATIONS.
Driving the best quality cars in the market.
808gx7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:23 AM   #3
Tech Master
 
koopesv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: A main
Posts: 1,265
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default

kyosho make a great rtr but wait till you want race you will singing a different. im not hating on rtr i have a rtr i wish now i spent a little more and got something better
__________________
Durango - Speed Passion - Trinity
Gforce Hobbies Raceway
Urban Heat Racing
koopesv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:09 PM   #4
Tech Elite
 
merdith6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brazoria, TX
Posts: 2,350
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Come on

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808gx7r View Post
just wait till your stock electrics put the thing into a brick wall at full speed
If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything...

I'm glad you are having fun with your car man. It looks like a pretty good deal...

The cool thing is you can upgrade parts from the 777 I think. E bay has tons of parts for that car.....
__________________
Mad Dog drives a Mugen MBX-7, Novarossi engines, Clockwork Racing, Futaba radio, AKA/Proline Tires
merdith6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:56 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic
 
jwm2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Noone hates rtr's, but they do often times have a few shortcomings. Most problems can be over come by some hop ups and better electronics. Most rtr's are just watered down versions of their racing cousins, but that's not always a bad thing
__________________
8ight 2.0 - Go Engine 7 port | VP-Pro | Avid | Ace/XP 1015 & Hitec 5625MG
8ight-T 2.0 - Go Engine 3 port | VP-Pro | Avid | Ace/XP 1015 & 1313
Extreme-Mods.com - Xbox 360 & PS3 Mods, Parts, and Accessories
WillowBayNaturals.com - Handmade soap, lotions and body products made by my wife. Her lotions and soaps are flat out amazing. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed.
jwm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:28 PM   #6
Tech Addict
 
808gx7r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by merdith6 View Post
If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything...

I'm glad you are having fun with your car man. It looks like a pretty good deal...

The cool thing is you can upgrade parts from the 777 I think. E bay has tons of parts for that car.....
wasnt saying anything not nice i am going from experience.

i have owned many "RTR" kyoshos and ALL have had electric issues.
__________________
Mugen Mbx6t / O.S SPEED / Byrons / Savox servos / Futaba
Agama A8 Evo / O.S SPEED / savox / futaba
Hpi Blitz/sc10 CASTLE CREATIONS.
Driving the best quality cars in the market.
808gx7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:03 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net