R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-07-2010, 11:25 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Servo Saver locked up

I have a mbx5t and the servo saver is basically locked up on it. I can wd40 it and get it to "work" but it takes nearly all my might to do so. I have my limits set on my radio perfect but I keep stripping gears out whenever I have a bad roll. I run this thing FULL throttle and hit some BIG jumps.

check out: www.youtube.com/user/wishmasstir for some videos

I just ordered every part for the servo saver to replace the existing and bought a new airtronics servo $119.99 on amainhobbies 400+ oz. I hope this will fix the problem because I was running the factory servo saver and I added on onto the servo itself (ofna servo saver) and that has been working for a long time but it adds slop in the steering and this hitec 645mg wasn't cutting it with that horn on it.
wishmasstir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:13 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishmasstir View Post
I have a mbx5t and the servo saver is basically locked up on it. I can wd40 it and get it to "work" but it takes nearly all my might to do so. I have my limits set on my radio perfect but I keep stripping gears out whenever I have a bad roll. I run this thing FULL throttle and hit some BIG jumps.

check out: www.youtube.com/user/wishmasstir for some videos

I just ordered every part for the servo saver to replace the existing and bought a new airtronics servo $119.99 on amainhobbies 400+ oz. I hope this will fix the problem because I was running the factory servo saver and I added on onto the servo itself (ofna servo saver) and that has been working for a long time but it adds slop in the steering and this hitec 645mg wasn't cutting it with that horn on it.
Hitec TITANIUM gear servos. 'nuff said. There is nothing as good made. (the little cheap 645mg is not in the same league... there is a reason they are cheap.)
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:41 PM   #3
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I ordered the airtronics 94780M

Do the servo savers in the bellcranks lock up like this though? What type of maintenance is required on them?

Last edited by wishmasstir; 09-07-2010 at 06:07 PM.
wishmasstir is offline   Reply With Quote