Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ball diff?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Default ball diff?

hey guys im new on here, from st.catharines ontario , i've been trying to work out the kinks in my duratrax nitro evader( i know it's an outdated entry truck), the ball diff dosnt seem to like to work properly... it's tight and everything but when the trucks off i can hold the spur gear in one spot and still roll the truck almost freely.

I have tightened the screw all the way down and locktighted it so it can't back out... and i have also tightened the slipper down all the way so i can make sure it's not the slipper slipping, its running an os18 cv-rx, and masher 2k's.

Any input is greatly appreciated
Old 09-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...ball-diff.html
Old 09-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

the nitro evader was my first truck, and the dif was its major problem. I would recomend getting a dif rebuild kit and tighten the dif screw as tight as it will go. then you have to break it in by doing figure 8's for a tank of gas. (about a 15 foot area) this will make it last about a gallon or two. but every few runs check the dif set screw and make sure she is tight. also tightining the slipper all the way is a no no on this truck cuz the next week gear is the idler ger in the tranny. so loosin it up. good luck.