R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-06-2010, 12:52 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Default DS1015 on Throttle (D8T)

Hi,
I just set up my DS1015 servo for throttle/brake and have a couple questions...
Even with the servo arm off it makes some noise every once in a while, I have been told digital servos make noise, they sing, is this ok then?
When adjusting my EPA: when accelerating I have it set to 74%, just enough so that when I do full throttle I can pull on the linkage and it will go 1mm beyond the servo travel so the servo is never binding I guess. When braking I only have it set to 30%, its more than enough to lock up the wheels, if I set it any higher the servo still travels without binding but I find it unnecessary, if at the track I find the braking too little I will adjust accordingly. Does all this sound about right?
The servo is a beast and has very fast transit time as well as excellent torque, im just a bit worried about the noise! When in use it doesnt bind as I have set my EPA as stated above but it does sing, making some noise, if I set travel higher I can hear it working a lot harder so it is safe to say its correctly set up?
I recently burnt out a Sanwa ERG-VZ for an unknown reason, EPA was set accordingly following the above method, it was bought second hand and has worked flawlessly for 3 months, maybe its time just came. I am running the same servo on steering, its a year old and is running strong.
Thanks for the help!
Nesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:56 PM   #2
Tech Adept

BTW I am running both on 11 frame rate on my Dx3r, it says digital servos should be run on 5.5, I dont know if the Sanwa is digital, what should I run them on?
Nesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:02 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The way you have it set should be correct. The noise is normal, I have one for both steering and Throttle. As long as your end points are set and you have a good solid braking while you drive then you spot on.

"A bad race day is still better than a Good work day!"
Goomba_7 is offline   Reply With Quote