R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-06-2010, 04:53 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default My new nitro + Upgrades!!! xD

Hiya everyone, I'm brand spankin new to Nitro cars, I bought myself a cheap HSP Warhead, and I LOVE this thing!!! It's INSANE!!!

I am making a few upgrades, adding a High Flow air filter, which has a much larger surface area than the original. Upgrading the exhaust, and I'm finding an upgrade header too. I would also like to upgrade my steering and accel/brake servos. I would like to upgrade the brakes too if I could but I have no idea how ...

I need some help on the Servos and on the brakes, I would a really quick servo (maybe .15 or quicker??), and I dunno about the brakes.

I have broken her in properly and shes running ok atm, but I need to do some fine tuning, as I didn't realise what I was doing because the manual doesn't tell you, but I was trying to pump up the idle a little. Yet I was actually turning one of the two Carburettor pins ... after about 4 tanks of fuel and hours and hours of getting them right again I figured which two were the Carbie pins and which was the Idle Screw. I still think it's not quite right cuz every now and then it almost stalls and it always kicks out heaps of smoke. Any ideas there? Rich? Lean? etc ...

yeah thats about it for now ...
Drizzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:10 AM   #2
Tech Regular

hey buddy if your blowing lots of smoke from a standing start and it sounds like a 4 stroke theres a chance your bottom end needle is too rich thats the one on the carby barrel, same thing for top end running at high speed if it sounds like a 4 stroke your too rich always tune your high end needle then your low, if its pingy on bottom your lean same as top but your top usualy cuts out here and there. make sure you got visable smoke though all thru the rev range. hope this helps