R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-05-2010, 11:59 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Default Flying with your gear.

Might seem like an odd question, but Im on a work trip from the UK next week for 2 weeks. Im planning on bringing my Losi with me and due to being restricted to 1 checked bag and 1 carry on bag, I cant really bring a hauler.
Ive got my buggy and all my gear in my main bag with my clothes etc, but its a bit of a squeeze and was considering putting my buggy in my carry on bag instead.

Question is, what do you guys who fly do and whats the security like? i.e. Are they gonna think my LiPo powered starter box is a bomb in my bag?
Old 09-06-2010, 12:10 AM   #2
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

LOL

i traveled to few countries with my RC stuff for races.

what i do is, i put my buggy race ready (NO battery, NO fuel inside) in my carry on bag with my Tx (NO bettery inside) and squeez as much tire sets as possible. at least if i dont get my stuff, i still can race

all the other stuff are in my main bag. and make sure all tools are in the main bag too, they will confiscate (sorry for spelling if wrong) any tool they find in your carry on bag.

sometimes you have to explain what's your hobby and how things go, best thing to do is have a RC magazine with you to show them what we really do.

hope this helps

cheers

Ali
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
KWT-NITRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:38 AM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO View Post
LOL

what i do is, i put my buggy race ready (NO battery, NO fuel inside) in my carry on bag with my Tx (NO bettery inside) and squeez as much tire sets as possible. at least if i dont get my stuff, i still can race

all the other stuff are in my main bag. and make sure all tools are in the main bag too, they will confiscate (sorry for spelling if wrong) any tool they find in your carry on bag.

sometimes you have to explain what's your hobby and how things go, best thing to do is have a RC magazine with you to show them what we really do.

hope this helps

cheers

Ali
I like your response, makes perfect sense.
develdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:48 AM   #4
Tech Adept

Yeah good to know thanks!
Nesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:16 AM   #5
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO View Post
LOL

hope this helps

cheers

Ali
Thanks for that Ali. My only worry is that a bag big enough to fit my buggy and Tx in is going to be too big for the carry-on limits? Reckon I'll do a "test pack" so to speak and see what I can get away with.