R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 07:48 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I'd say your results may vary w/different platforms.

I tried one on my Losi 2.0 buggy. I've been racing for a fairly long time and have run different cars, so though some may love the frame...I was not a fan of it on my 2.0 and took it off.

It made the car flex more and less predictable to drive. It was also harder to be precise with the car. It wanted to spring off in it's own direction sometimes, especially on rougher sections (instead of just gliding through).

Now maybe I didn't spend enough time with it, but I don't think so.

Personally I'd put my $100 elsewhere.

It is a nice piece of work. However it took forever to receive once I paid, you have to space the center diff up 1mm if you don't want it sticking through the frame and certain screws (battery box tray bolt for the Losi) will have to be shortened. Plus I had to grind the frame for clearance because I was running the optional, adjustable, Losi lower hingepin brace.

It's something to try, but the real magic bullet is to get more tracktime and practice.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:04 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Piva View Post
Does anyone have experience with one on the Losi buggy n truggy? If so what was good about n did u have any complaints?

Matt, I currently run for BCE, and used to run the losi chassis, I had a hand in the designing and testing in them, they work great. I'm pretty sure if you search it I have some bce chassis specific setups posted as well on rctech too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblgjr View Post
I'd say your results may vary w/different platforms.

I tried one on my Losi 2.0 buggy. I've been racing for a fairly long time and have run different cars, so though some may love the frame...I was not a fan of it on my 2.0 and took it off.

It made the car flex more and less predictable to drive. It was also harder to be precise with the car. It wanted to spring off in it's own direction sometimes, especially on rougher sections (instead of just gliding through).

Now maybe I didn't spend enough time with it, but I don't think so.

Personally I'd put my $100 elsewhere.

It is a nice piece of work. However it took forever to receive once I paid, you have to space the center diff up 1mm if you don't want it sticking through the frame and certain screws (battery box tray bolt for the Losi) will have to be shortened. Plus I had to grind the frame for clearance because I was running the optional, adjustable, Losi lower hingepin brace.

It's something to try, but the real magic bullet is to get more tracktime and practice.
I know some people have their reservations about the chassis, I know not everyone can be a fan, but if you had taken the time to set the car up for having a more flexible, stable chassis(which is what it was designed to do, as the losi stock chassis is very stiff) You would have been pleasently surpised. As far as spacing the diff and grinding down on the rear hinge pin brace, yes, you have to, because the losi chassis is 4mm, BCE is 3mm, you do the math, you don't think pro drivers complain about hot off the press hardware because it doesnt fit right away, no, they make it fit, cause they want to go fast. Period.....

Bill has the new machine 99 percent up and working, he is currently in testing phases now, once it is up and running at full capacity, and he can keep up with current demand, wait times will go down dramatically.

Here are some results from last year at the pit when we were still in testing:

Hi Guys a quick note on our Jason running Our L20B-PRO Chassis
here is His round at The AZ Pit Still lots more racing to go.
will keep you guys posted.
Great Job out there Jason
Thanks RJ for the Info just let me know when you are ready

(Expert) AZ Pit Nitro X.

1 Johnny Wachter 12 13 9:30.349 39.309
2 Trevor Clement 15 13 9:43.139 39.567 12.790
3 Jason Miller 12 9:19.125 39.166 9
4 Ryan Phillips 4 12 9:29.267 40.339 10.142
5 Ross Denny 12 9:45.747 41.534 16.480 16
6 Dylan Rodriguez 5 11 9:13.758 38.919 20
7 Steve Antill 11 9:22.927 40.166 9.169 21
8 Canyon Thompson 9 10 9:08.899 41.173
9 Gil Losi Jr. 10 9:15.884 40.936 6.985 26
10 Monty Houston 11 10 9:21.364 39.639 5.480

my buggy was dialed to say the least.......
4x4 SC10 tekin 4600kv rx8 Sc10 Tekin R5 8.5, B4.1 Tekin R5 8.5 Sikk LidZ(MANGOOOO!)
Team Driver: Team Associated, Proline, Pro-Match, XPS, Morgan Fuels, Tekin Electronics
Old 09-14-2010, 01:55 AM   #18
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanno View Post
You need to update your signature bud (from current - 2009)
he still is the current AARCMCC champion
there hasnt been a sanctioned nationals this year

TIX Race Designs. Plaig Bearings. Thunder Innovations
Old 09-14-2010, 06:23 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIX View Post
he still is the current AARCMCC champion
there hasnt been a sanctioned nationals this year
True, my bad.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:39 PM   #20
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxtcr View Post
I know some people have their reservations about the chassis, I know not everyone can be a fan, but if you had taken the time to set the car up for having a more flexible, stable chassis(which is what it was designed to do, as the losi stock chassis is very stiff) You would have been pleasently surpised. As far as spacing the diff and grinding down on the rear hinge pin brace, yes, you have to, because the losi chassis is 4mm, BCE is 3mm, you do the math, you don't think pro drivers complain about hot off the press hardware because it doesnt fit right away, no, they make it fit, cause they want to go fast. Period.....
You've got to be joking. I'm not trying to knock the BCE in any way as I have used Bill's products with great success before... However the stock losi TFT chassis is possibly the most flexible stock buggy/truggy chassis on the market. It flexes and flexes a lot. I sure hope you're not STILL trying to compare the BCE to a standard non TFT 1.0 chassis. If that's the case, any comparisons made or back to back testing done might as well be thrown out the window. The slab of metal that is a 1.0 chassis shouldn't even be compared to the TFT 2.0 chassis.

I would love to see Bill get his operation stream lined. I would be interested in trying a couple of his losi chassis' but I'm not currently willing to wait for them, so I haven't really thought into it much. His chassis' completely transformed the Jammin's I used to run. I'd love to see what they do to my losi rigs.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:27 PM   #21
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
You've got to be joking. I'm not trying to knock the BCE in any way as I have used Bill's products with great success before... However the stock losi TFT chassis is possibly the most flexible stock buggy/truggy chassis on the market. It flexes and flexes a lot. I sure hope you're not STILL trying to compare the BCE to a standard non TFT 1.0 chassis. If that's the case, any comparisons made or back to back testing done might as well be thrown out the window. The slab of metal that is a 1.0 chassis shouldn't even be compared to the TFT 2.0 chassis.

I would love to see Bill get his operation stream lined. I would be interested in trying a couple of his losi chassis' but I'm not currently willing to wait for them, so I haven't really thought into it much. His chassis' completely transformed the Jammin's I used to run. I'd love to see what they do to my losi rigs.
Jammin, I mis quoted myself, actually, the losi 2.0 chassis are very flexible, but bill and I did research to make sure the flex on the bce chassis is where it needed to be, thats why they are so forgiving on the track compared to the losi chassis. Plus the losi chassis is 2 different types of material, like a sandwich, it wears really fast once that outer layer is gone.
4x4 SC10 tekin 4600kv rx8 Sc10 Tekin R5 8.5, B4.1 Tekin R5 8.5 Sikk LidZ(MANGOOOO!)
Team Driver: Team Associated, Proline, Pro-Match, XPS, Morgan Fuels, Tekin Electronics
Old 09-14-2010, 04:40 PM   #22
Tech Champion

Quote:
Jammin, I mis quoted myself, actually, the losi 2.0 chassis are very flexible, but bill and I did research to make sure the flex on the bce chassis is where it needed to be, thats why they are so forgiving on the track compared to the losi chassis. Plus the losi chassis is 2 different types of material, like a sandwich, it wears really fast once that outer layer is gone.
OK... Makes more sense now. Hehe
Old 09-14-2010, 07:01 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was always a big fan of Bill's chassis. I like quality machine work and I did not mind paying for it. Bill just HAS GOT to get his act together when it comes to the business end. I ran his chassis for 2 years, always ordering 2-3 chassis's so I would always have one. Once I could not get one, an ETA or even a email in return I went back to the stock chassis. I never noticed a difference at all, in fact, my lap times at some tracks went up and I was finishing better. I do not think it was the chassis, but running stock made no negative difference. I hope Bill gets it right someday, but I have waited 3-4 times 1-3 months for a chassis.

I know some of you are sponsored, but please be honest with these new guys. There is a good chance they will have to wait a month or more, and they will be charged for the chassis the day it is ordered. It is rediculous to me, but at times I was willing to wait, not anymore tho. If Bill waited to charge the day it shipped, it would be a little different.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:33 AM   #24
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalgard Racing View Post
I was always a big fan of Bill's chassis. I like quality machine work and I did not mind paying for it. Bill just HAS GOT to get his act together when it comes to the business end. I ran his chassis for 2 years, always ordering 2-3 chassis's so I would always have one. Once I could not get one, an ETA or even a email in return I went back to the stock chassis. I never noticed a difference at all, in fact, my lap times at some tracks went up and I was finishing better. I do not think it was the chassis, but running stock made no negative difference. I hope Bill gets it right someday, but I have waited 3-4 times 1-3 months for a chassis.

I know some of you are sponsored, but please be honest with these new guys. There is a good chance they will have to wait a month or more, and they will be charged for the chassis the day it is ordered. It is rediculous to me, but at times I was willing to wait, not anymore tho. If Bill waited to charge the day it shipped, it would be a little different.

So basically, what you should get out of this is the chassis are great, althought you did not notice a difference, it's a quality product, well worth the money, and the wait..

Old 09-15-2010, 09:35 AM   #25
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

what wheels are those? old PL wabash?
Old 09-15-2010, 10:48 PM   #26
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Newland View Post
what wheels are those? old PL wabash?
Yeah, old pl wheels, rockin it old school
Old 09-15-2010, 11:55 PM   #27
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

niiice
Old 09-16-2010, 04:36 AM   #28
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
So basically, what you should get out of this is the chassis are great, althought you did not notice a difference, it's a quality product, well worth the money, and the wait..

Basically, YES. The chassis is really nice qaulity, you may get one next week, but you may wait awhile too. Bill does good machine work.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:27 AM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Here are just the facts I encountered:
Being a former machinist the product is of very high quality -period-
On the Losi Truggy 2.0 with the V2 rear tower and proper set-up made a huge difference-HUGE -Great
On the Mugen Truggy Steered to much for my liking again a big difference.
Turn around time piss poor! I waited 3months made many calls most of them were not answered. Too many excuses for my liking.
Summery: would I ever order one again more than likely but, I would do so in the off season so waiting would not be as big of an issue.
Or buy one from some distributor who will have them "IN" stock
Old 09-16-2010, 06:12 AM   #30
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I have been running the BCE chassis's on my losi cars for over a year now and I love them. I feel they make the cars drive easier through the bumps. I like the bce chassis. I had to wait just like all the rest of you but it didn't bother me. I knew there was a wait when I ordered them. IMO the BCE chassis rocks.
Closed Thread